Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Feb 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ticking the Boxes Aug 19 Day 8

Our last full day. We were not thinking like that! We had more ticks to fulfil today! I had been keeping tabs on our ride photos as I wanted to use them as silly table names for our wedding. We were still short, I seemed to wreck the picture, or it didn’t come through or I don’t know what. So today we were on a mission. We were going to Hollywood studios for our only visit this trip.

BB enjoyed seeing the skyliner, he was really sad to not to be able to ride. I think he had hoped for a soft opening.

Sadly, it didn’t happen.

We started with breakfast at Starbucks.

I ordered the carrot cake cookie which was good, but not as good as the writers stop version from years ago.

We had sat and eaten some on the pavement, reminiscing from the crazy night unexpectedly seeing Star Wars last year on the last night I was there. With half eaten, saved for later breakfast stowed, we headed through to see what we could find! We went through to join the queue to meet Sulley and Mike. They had posted it would be 15 minutes and there were Star Wars concept models to look at, so all seemed fine.

It was more like 45 mins, but never mind. It was fairly production line. They were not in the mood to play.

Toy story land was our next stop. Slinky here we come.

I know this is tame, but I love the bumpy bits! Green army men were doing a good job entertaining the crowds.

We saw Jessie but it was really busy here.
We stopped and had a look at the incrediparty, it was fun for kids, and a better filler activity for families.

But it was not coffee and snacks, so we moved on. Looked through and bought a couple of t-shirts in the clothing shop, both for us and the kids. And then headed down Sunset boulevard to Rosie’s café. We had a mickey jalapeno cheese pretzel to share, which revived us.

We settled down to watch Beauty and the Beast, we loved the live action film and so were looking forward to this. Its good, and we really enjoyed it. We may have found that it was also slightly soporific, I’m sure BB rested his eyes a little.

I was also slightly distracted by the change in wind pattern. We were going to need ponchos to get out of here. Disney do these shows so very well, it’s part of my Disney love!
Ponchos were blue, we feel we rocked them, people from home did not 100% agree!

We were not feeling the love for Hollywood today, so we made our way out of the park, the plan was to go and have a rest! As we got to the bus bays, BB had one of his clever ideas and put us on a Polynesian bus. He was determined to get his boat out! We hired the last boat in the marina, had our safety briefing and were let loose. What followed was one of the best hours we have had in Disney.

Seeing so many of the iconic parts from a different view and at a slow pace was just perfect. We basically headed to our right, went round the edge of the lagoon and by sticking to the right, went round in a circle.

BB planned for us to swap seats part way round, but as it happened, he was happy driving, I was doing my best as trainee videographer.

We saw the shoe tree where boat captains and interns throw their trainer on their retirement or last shift. It is a piece of Disney that is a tradition that only emerges when CM’s tell.

There really is a huge amount of crazy things that CM tradition says you must do!

I enjoyed seeing the monorail going into the contemporary, well done BB for making that happen by speeding and slowing at the right time!

Even if we did get so distracted by it that we strayed across the lane and so were shouted at by the lagoon police! Oops!

Seeing MK station from such a low perspective was good, and then with the monorail AND THE CASTLE took the biscuit! I know Walt designed MK to keep surprising the guests and normally they cannot be seen together. This was really, really special! We hoped for a ferry too, but it didn’t happen for us. This was a highlight that really ticked BB’s box.

He kept joking that his Florida boat licence was worth getting. (Free and applied for 3 years before in a moment of boredom and not needed! )

We really had to go back and rest now. Theoretically we had to pack too but who wants to think about that! It was storming when we got back, we had a nap and then I got up and got going. I knew that our balloons could be deflated so that we could reinflate them at our wedding. But I hadn’t got any way of doing that. I took them across to bell services to see if they could help. Fortunately for me they were not busy and were up for the challenge. Soon I had 4 CM’s all getting involved for 2 balloons! It was fun and they were asking about our trip and wedding etc. I told them about the ride photo issue and she got me two free FP’s so we could get up to our totals for MK that evening. What a sweetheart. More from her the next day.
They did manage the balloons so I was back to BB ready to go to MK.

On our way up main street, BB stopped a balloon seller and a PP to get a pic of me holding the balloons. Dream ticked off my list! (I really do have weird things on my list!). Well done BB for taking good mental notes, that man really does listen!

We headed down to space ranger spin, and could see that it had been down as they FP line was loooong. It was also a party night we think so it was busy with day guests and night guests getting in early. The queue moved quickly. BB got lucky and beat me – this time! I have done that ride so many times and have previously hit the magic spot.

Wasn’t to be today. I even managed to mess up the ride photo!

This was one of our bonus FP rides. I was somewhat cross with myself. BB continued to laugh at my muppetry!
Off to try pirates again for the photo …

ooops not again!
We had criss crossed the park and missed out on food. There was nothing was open and we needed food! I tried the mobile ordering at Casey’s corner whilst stood in the ‘normal’ queues. My word that was a long queue that moved ridiculously slowly. They needed so many more staff on duty. It was just rammed with customers, one Brit I heard works in a fast food place and joked about going round and helping them out! We could have done with that! BB was outside staking out our spot for Happily Ever After.

We both get emotional during those fireworks, so he was getting worried I wouldn’t make it back. Finally, our order came through and I grabbed the tray and made it across the hub to BB. We literally inhaled what we could, as by then everyone was stood up and we were tightly squeezed. Holding the tray and eating was not easy!

The projection show means this really is one that needs to be seen closeish to see all the details. The fireworks were spectacular and really are MK’s crowning glory.

BB is not quite on the same scale in terms of love of fireworks, but really enjoys these. We both have played the soundtrack to death at home, and had it to walk out of the church later in the year. My pics this time were not great, all user error, balancing a tray, wrong lens on DSLR and not loving taking fireworks on my phone because of my pet hate of others who view through the screen. In my head, using the DSLR is different! Just a magical moment though.

Once the magic was over, we faced the crush of people. Especially as we had a last FP of the evening. BB would have given up, but I had kind of decided we were doing it. We were heading to SDMT! We had a FP and we (I) wanted the ride photo!

We were on and off in no time, it is a cute ride, not one to queue hours for, but is certainly fun, especially when those in the car help it to rock!
Neither of us complained once done, with the sentence ‘home time’.

Edited at 01:13 PM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Sigh must be time to think about going back
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Sigh must be time to think about going back
Yup ... but you know what comes first! Maybe i should buy a bottle of wine?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Yup ... but you know what comes first! Maybe i should buy a bottle of wine?
Only if we dont go on the internet whilst drinking it!
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A great last day

Joan
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great last day

Joan
Thank you! You've got to finish with Happily Ever after haven't you!
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic last day 😊
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Love the MK pics - what a fantastic last day - lots crammed in
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Fantastic last day 😊
It certainly was!
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Love the MK pics - what a fantastic last day - lots crammed in
Who sleeps in wdw? Esp not us on a short trip!