Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Feb 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We couldn’t believe how busy it was in October, because of the special nights. The fireworks were actually really unpleasant, in the end i put my little one in the baby carrier as people kept pushing into the stroller
Carnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Carnard View Post
We couldn’t believe how busy it was in October, because of the special nights. The fireworks were actually really unpleasant, in the end i put my little one in the baby carrier as people kept pushing into the stroller
It was awful wasn't it? I didn't feel comfortable putting in Charle in the pushchair at all when in those crowds as people literally are ruthless! It's totally a case of every man for themselves!

It's a shame as I do think it would put me off going at this time of year again (or when MVMCP are on too)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh wow, the communal pool area looks amazing! Charlie looks like he was loving it! Oh and I have fond memories of you buying the Buzz suit

I agree that it's hard to balance chill time and park time. You always feel like you are missing out if you spend too much time at the villa!

Oh I felt for you with Charlie missing meeting Mickey Lovely photos of the 3 of you though!

WHOA wait! I didn’t know you got hush pupplies at CHH! Damn it!

Ahhh love the t-shirt I think we did good with the colour – totally suits you!

You def got a lot done that afternoon / evening! Shame about Happily Ever After being a bit of a let-down with the view and the idiots around you! Ugh!

Leaving MK at the end of the night is so frustrating. They really didn’t think that through when they built that damn lagoon!

"Night night Mickey Mouse" - absolute melt

Lovely day and sorry it took me soooooooooooooo long to read!

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

The pool looks so good! Definitely rivals the Beach Club one. And Charlie’s Buzz swimming togs are really cute.

Parking in Hook 332, solid work, haha.

Sad Charlie and Paul didn’t make it into the Mickey photos. Another reason to go back!

Very happy to see the Carousel of Progress t-shirt in action! Perfect fit too.

Ooh that’s a lot more Tron than when we were last there! Exciting!

“It was at this point I realised we had a code brown situation on our hands so leaving Paul behind”
I had to re-read this several times before I realised it was not, in fact, Paul who had the code brown, causing you all to run away.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oh wow, the communal pool area looks amazing! Charlie looks like he was loving it! Oh and I have fond memories of you buying the Buzz suit

I agree that it's hard to balance chill time and park time. You always feel like you are missing out if you spend too much time at the villa!

Oh I felt for you with Charlie missing meeting Mickey Lovely photos of the 3 of you though!

WHOA wait! I didn’t know you got hush pupplies at CHH! Damn it!

Ahhh love the t-shirt I think we did good with the colour – totally suits you!

You def got a lot done that afternoon / evening! Shame about Happily Ever After being a bit of a let-down with the view and the idiots around you! Ugh!

Leaving MK at the end of the night is so frustrating. They really didn’t think that through when they built that damn lagoon!

"Night night Mickey Mouse" - absolute melt

Lovely day and sorry it took me soooooooooooooo long to read!

xxx
The pool was so lovely, really sad we didn't make more of it... the juggle struggle is real! Ah that swimsuit... will always remind me of our trip to Primark together!

I love that t-shirt so much, not a colour I would ever choose as I am scared of too anything bright ordinarily but I absolutely love it... you girls have brought out the vibrant in me!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
The pool looks so good! Definitely rivals the Beach Club one. And Charlie’s Buzz swimming togs are really cute.

Parking in Hook 332, solid work, haha.

Sad Charlie and Paul didn’t make it into the Mickey photos. Another reason to go back!

Very happy to see the Carousel of Progress t-shirt in action! Perfect fit too.

Ooh that’s a lot more Tron than when we were last there! Exciting!

“It was at this point I realised we had a code brown situation on our hands so leaving Paul behind”
I had to re-read this several times before I realised it was not, in fact, Paul who had the code brown, causing you all to run away.
I am excited to see a Tron update from you when you are there... I bet it is very different from these pics!

I can confirm that it was definitely Charlie that had the code brown situation... well if Paul had one he kept pretty quiet about it anyway!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Just catching up on some days I seem to have missed!

Wow the pool area looks so lovely. Shame there's so much else to do, I bet you could have spent the whole 2 weeks there happily haha!

Shame about the Mickey thing, toddler naps cannot be predicted and never ever disturbed !

The one of you all on Main St is such a beautiful photo though.

How cute that Charlie loved Carousel of Progress, your T shirt is amazing too!

Xx
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Just catching up on some days I seem to have missed!

Wow the pool area looks so lovely. Shame there's so much else to do, I bet you could have spent the whole 2 weeks there happily haha!

Shame about the Mickey thing, toddler naps cannot be predicted and never ever disturbed !

The one of you all on Main St is such a beautiful photo though.

How cute that Charlie loved Carousel of Progress, your T shirt is amazing too!

Xx
There is no planning toddler naps eh?! (Definitely my key learning from this trip!)

Still makes me chuckle thinking of Charlie shouting out on Carousel of Progress, I bet everyone else was cursing us!
Old 10 Apr 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice chilled morning-the pool area looks fab. I found after our first trip that if we had a chilled morning our fastpasses needed to start not before 3.30 as we’d never make them without feeling rushed which I don’t want on holiday. I’m impressed you managed to get to your Mickey FP - what a race against time - but how disappointing you couldn’t get your family photo (the Main Street one is lovely though). All that swimming must have tired Charlie out. I can’t believe the CM didn’t offer to change your FP time in the circumstances.

When we went in October we got a Starbucks and sat outside Caseys Corner after the fireworks and waited till the crowds had gone before leaving.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Nice chilled morning-the pool area looks fab. I found after our first trip that if we had a chilled morning our fastpasses needed to start not before 3.30 as we’d never make them without feeling rushed which I don’t want on holiday. I’m impressed you managed to get to your Mickey FP - what a race against time - but how disappointing you couldn’t get your family photo (the Main Street one is lovely though). All that swimming must have tired Charlie out. I can’t believe the CM didn’t offer to change your FP time in the circumstances.

When we went in October we got a Starbucks and sat outside Caseys Corner after the fireworks and waited till the crowds had gone before leaving.
I will definitely learn from my planning mistakes on our next trip! I found it all such a learning curve, so different from all our previous trips as just adults!
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

This was such a lovely day to read about, with the nice leisurely start to the day with some pool time. It looks a lovely area there at Storey Lake.

It's a shame that you didn't get your group Mickey Mouse photo as planned due to Charlie napping but it can't be helped. I'm sure you'll have loads more trip to get the pics you want, but I agree it's disappointing at the time.

You did so much today, and loads of rides/shows that Charlie could join in with as well. I'm glad he approves of Carousel of Progress

Did you know that if you turn left on leaving the park you can get the bus back to the TTC, missing all of the crowds and crush of the ferryboat or monorail. Not sure how practical that would be for you with a buggy, but the buses are usually almost empty and it's so much quicker and stress free.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List