Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sneaky bonus 6 nights at Universal Feb 2020- Day 7- IOA, NBC Grill and flight home

We had a relaxed start today. If you read day 6 you will remember we had some kids vomiting overnight. Thankfully they had settled and slept well.

We let them wake naturally and took some time waking up. The youngest two seems completely well and hungry. More croissants. The oldest was a tiny bit off but much better than previously. We debated staying in the room as long as possible but the kids were well enough to be restless. We needed to check out by 10 anyway so we headed out just after 9 and dropped our bags. We left a note for the cleaners explaining the vomiting episode with a large tip. I had already rinsed out the sheets and the room was clean.

Any thoughts to try Hagrids had been dismissed. We were taking it easy. We walked to the gates and couldn't believe the queues. We knew today was predicted to be busy but OMG. It took 30-40 minutes to get in. It was after 10 now.

It was uncomfortably busy. We stopped at Cinabun for coffee, juice and shared a bun. Starbucks was mental so we swerved it. My 10 year old was campaigning for Hulk- yes that's the 10year old who was ill earlier. He seemed fine again. I cannot believe we agreed but I took him on. Thank God for express but it was still a 20 min queue early in the day. He survived and was well so we felt comfortable the illness was over us

We then all did Spider man with a 20 min express line. The characters were about to parade out on bikes but having met some of them twice already we moved on.

We headed to Seus landing partly so the kids wouldn't ask for the water rides and also to see if any characters were out. We were in luck and met Sam I Am, the Lorax and the Grinch.

We tried to meet Thing 1 and 2 but the line was closed and they told us to come back in an hr. We rode the train and when we came out Thing 1 and 2 were out as was Cat in the hat. We timed that perfectly. Cat in the Hat had no queue and the kids had a long fun interaction here.

We then made good on a previous fudge promise.
The fudge looked fab and was Seus themed although we bypassed a lot of the themed stuff. It was $5 per square but was 6 for the price of 4 and we had AP discount. So we got a box of 6 for under $20. It was really nice fudge and would make a nice present. We are still finishing it off a week later and its lasted well.

We picked
Green eggs and Ham (vanilla but they had one with bacon as well which we passed on)
Mint choc swirl
Chocolate Pecan
Cookie Dough
Strawberry Truffola tree
M and M chocolate

We continued wandering into Lost Continent- Originally we were hoping to hit Hogsmead and the rides there but we knew by the crowds that this wasn't going to happen. Even express wasn't going to save us today. We decided to try and get a last butter beer. On the way we stopped and had a long fun chat with She-ra- we waited about 10 minutes but only because she was giving everyone loads of time. The kids had no idea who she was but I grew up in the 80's and we were stopping. She had my daughter high kicking and dancing. Fab.

We also grabbed quick photos with the Lemur King and Puss in boots. We hit Hogsmead and the crowds were mental. Hagrids was 240min and there was no way we were queuing 30 min plus for a drink.

We cut our losses and headed out.

We actually got a lot done just not many rides. I would recommend avoiding Presidents day weekend if you can.

We decided a lazy lunch at City Walk was best. Husband had managed to time this with the Liverpool match starting so off to NBC grill and Brew we went. City walk and NBC were also very busy. We were seated relatively quickly but there was a queue. Soon we were surrounded by the match. Service was slow purely due to how busy it was.

I had a chicken pasta pesto dish, my husband had a burger and 3 kids meals of chicken finger x2 and mac and cheese. We are creatures of habit. The food was good but we felt a little bit of time stress near the end. I would go back but it was not good if you have any sensory issues.

Getting back to the hotel was a quick walk, bags were picked up from bell services and we had a taxi booked. The taxi driver was good fun and the boys all talked football. he was the same chap from our arrival trip.

Check-in was easy. Security took 30-40 min- slight blip when I left the plastic knife in with the fudge but after checking they let me take it on.

We headed straight to the gate and settled. We had a 90 delay but just pottered between the shops and seats and it soon passed. We bought some some drinks and sweets but nothing else. Having looked at the Manchester forecast I decided we needed to retire to Florida every winter. If only!

The flight was uneventful- the food wasn't great-
pulled pork or chicken coconut curry- just ok I think the curry was better but I got the pork.

All the kids got some sleep and I managed to doze a little. The breakfast was a chocolate pastry fruit and yogurt- nothing wrong with it at all but unexciting. We hit some turbulence on the way down but we landed safely. We were flying into Storm Denis.

Emigration was quick-we were sent down a family aisle. Bags and car done and we were home by 9am. Just the jet lag to contend with now.

I hope you have enjoyed following our trip. I'll do some highs and lows soon too. We had an amazing time and I wish I could get away every Feb half term. I doubt I'll get flights at such a bargain again though. Its lovely knowing we are back in May. I think we are even more excited now.

Link to Index https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161617

Edited at 04:32 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have enjoyed reading along you got so much done during your week. Look forward to your next trip

Joan
Old 25 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you- we had an amazing time
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
thanks for writing this , I've enjoyed reading along and has inspired me to look at doing just universal next time,
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Really enjoyed your trip report, I'll look out for your Disney report!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great first trip report. We were there pretty much the exact same time. I'm sure we probably walked past each other loads.