Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Feb 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cope29
Excited about Disney

Six t

Hi Anybody had any dealings with Sixt are they any good, experiences, do they have online check in like Alamo.

Any info. greatly appreciated.
cope29 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. It's not just Alamo that allows online check in, they all do.

This is from the Sixt website.

You can also book your desired car easily and quickly via Sixt Online-Check-In. As a Sixt client your data has already been saved in our system.

Benefit from the flexibility of Sixt Online-Check-In: Even a few days in advance - this service is available for any reservation.

Furthermore, rebookings can be made at any time. The vehicle pick-up takes place at the Sixt station without waiting times or red tape. Your vehicle is waiting for you!

Or are you mixing it up with the Alamo 'pick your own car' ability at certain Airports?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My only practical experience of Sixt goes back to 2013 when we picked up a car from a Fort Lauderdale downtown location following a cruise. I returned it to MIA before flying home.

It was a completely painless experience but didn't do OLCI as we were on the ship for 10 days. What I do recall though is they gave me a fantastic map of the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area - an A-Z in reality which I've kept in the unlikely event that we'll return to Miami.

They are not actually on-site at MCO though so I guess that you need to grab a shuttle bus to get to their location. Not sure if these are a regular service or if you need to phone them.

Mick
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have been looking at Sixt as they seem to have some cracking deals on luxury cars/Suvs. Although I feel the need to go for an American set of wheels.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Used Sixt a couple of times in Seattle and never had a problem, cars always clean and well maintained. Hard to choose between them and Alamo so i go with whoever has the best price.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have used them in the UK and found them to be excellent. Last Oct though at LHR - when collecting car I was asked to produce UK passport and proof of home address - luckily I had a scan of council tax bill on my phone - not sure what would have happened if I did not have this - and I did have the UK Gov Rental voucher as well.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just bit the bullet and booked a Merc GLS for just over £300 for a week during our stay. Think it will be worth a uber back to airport.
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Out of curiosity, where are you looking for prices. I no longer see Sixt on AutoEurope
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Out of curiosity, where are you looking for prices. I no longer see Sixt on AutoEurope
Neither do I. Weird.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

They were there 30 mins ago, as that's who I booked with. Although expedia are similar prices.

Just checked and still showing for May dates on Autoeurope

Edited at 10:56 PM.