Notices

Old 6 Aug 13, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Our Step Back In Time At Beamish Museum

We're annual pass holders here, it's a great day out, really relaxing and on Saturday the sun was shining so even better. First stop we took the tram into town

Next stop after we buy our sweets is to stop by in the Sun Inn Pub. A traditional olde worlde pub with old fashioned cider (my favourite) and the boys had a lemonade. We all enjoyed our cinder toffee too

This is the pub from the outside

After the pub we chilled out for a while listening to the brass band, great to see the guys relaxing in the sunshine listening to the music. Brass bands have such a beautiful sound.

Next stop is to the fair. The boys had a ride on the shaggy boats.

We took a tram to the pit village, this lady was doing a demonstration with the back burner but we got there just as it was finished so not sure what she was cooking?

This was inside one of the pit houses

And outside. I remember when I was little we lived in an upstairs flat with a tin bath kept outside just like this

We went into the school and the boys had a little lesson using old fashioned ink wells and fountain pens.

Obviously Thomas was finding it difficult adjusting to the time period so drew a computer! Lol

This was a clippy mat bring made.

We had another great day out at Beamish. Went down the mine but no photos as too dark.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 13, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by mcplod - 6 Aug 13 5:51 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

I haven't been there since I was probably 14...a looooooong time ago. I only live 20 minutes away so no excuse really, must go back for a visit sometime.

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
The picture from in the house, I might be wrong but I am quite sure that the drinks bottle is not of the time. Lol

Perhaps Doctor Who had popped by for a visit.
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

We used to visit Beamish regularly as children - what a blast from the past (no pun intended) seeing these photos!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 8 Aug 13, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

The drinks bottle was strategically placed to make sure everyone paid attention to the pictures, lol. (Actually it was a woman behind me who plonked her drink down just as I was about to take the picture!)

Beamish is a forgotten charm I think, we go there quite a bit as its never overly busy.

Thanks for the views folks
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
zaraleo
slightly serious Dibber

My dad used to live in one of the pit houses when he was a boy ,my ds 6 loves beamish his grandad takes him all the time ,to be honest I haven't been for years we are only a few miles away too x