Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
Interesting. I went on ATD and did a bunch of number crunching to compare the UK free dine deal the US free dine deal (US deal based on 2019 numbers) just to compare.

In my situation, we have 2 adults 1 teen for 2 weeks in August 2020 for 14 nights on Deluxe DDP but we don't care about value vs mod vs deluxe room - whatever is the best price.

UK free dining deal (as priced on ATD):
Upgrade QS to deluxe for 3ppl * 14 nights = £1974
+ CSR standard £2842
+ 14 day tix x 3 = £1275
= £6091 (USD$7852)

US free dining deal (projected based on 2019 prices)
Upgrade QS to deluxe dining for 14 nights = $63.75 x 3 x 14 = $2677.50
All Star Music = $2023.74
10 day tix w/hopper x 3 = $580 x 3 = $1758.48
Total vacation cost = USD$6459.72 (£5010.51)

At this point, it would save me a bit to wait for a US free dining plan and stay in a value. Of course, I would lose some of the UK perks like better tickets and free memory maker. And CSR is a much nicer resort than an All Star.
But the UK free dining is confirmed, next years US free dining isn’t. We’ve never waited for US free dining and only booked it once when we had missed out on UK free dining. I worked out that like for like it was probably much the same price but with a shorter ticket and no gift card.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Hey... booked! 9 nights Boardwalk Inn standard room on deluxe DDP. Fingers crossed that we can transfer to OKW 1 bed villa at 330 day point. If not Boardwalk will be nice for a change.

Now just need to build universal and off property villa bits of stay... but that can wait...

Cripes Disney is expensive though. A last Hoorah indeed!

DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Cor, well you lot snapped up the deals and rooms yesterday! I just waited almost an hour to book for November 2020 and couldn't get my first, second, or third choice of hotels! I had to settle for Coronado Springs in the end, about £1k more than I was expecting but at least the lovely CM gave us the 10% discount, plus the $200 gift card, an additional $100 gift card, and free memory maker.

On the plus side, we've never staying in Coronado before, we are in the new tower that isn't open yet, we've got memory maker which is important this time as we are taking a friend who is Disney mad but hasn't been to WDW before, and we got the gift cards, which I hadn't expected. No free dining but we knew that due to the time of year we are going and we can live with that. If we are able to ditch mouse-keeping as well that will also give us a bit more spending money.

Just off to tell my friend the news that WE ARE BOOKED FOR 2020!
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Monsterlove
Getting to know the DIBB

GET YOUR HOTEL BOOKED. I got some prices Thursday and went to book last night and all hotels for the dates I wanted had sold out. Just booked with ATD and luckily they have 2 free amendments if Disney release any more dates for Animal Kingdom lodge or even Saratoga Springs i will be changing.
Monsterlove is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Brehede
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks to everyone for the info on DDP and extra $100 - I managed to book AKL Standard for May/June on Thursday after 3 hours waiting!

Quick question to those who booked last year for 2019, - how likely is it for SSR or OKW 1beds to come up for May/June 2020 at 330 days and after? I have tried some dates in Jan and Feb and some available comes up for 1 beds, but obviously quieter season I assume. We have 4 in the room (including 18 & 15 yr old teenagers) and 1 hotel room would be very cramped for 2 weeks!

We booked free dining in a 1 bed SSR for 12 days in June 2018 and booked in September 2017, at that point there was a choice or studios or 1 Beds, off and on for both OKW and SSR.

Thanks!
Brehede is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymad85
First POST

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I've booked BC for next September - luckily we are flexible with dates because in the whole month it was only available for 3 days (and then only standard rooms). Got the extra $100 too - wasn't expecting it to work through Quidco!
hello MrsBC I also wanted to try to get the Quidco 4% cash back deal and extra $100 on the Disney card (I have an activation email/link) - how did you manage to get both if you don't mind me asking? do you access the Disney holidays via Quidco and then somehow get to that activation page? how did you manage it if you don't mind me asking...I can't figure it out? thanks so much!
disneymad85 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
A Cheshire Cat
A Guest at All-Stars

I believe you just activate the link for the $100 gift card then proceed with the booking as per normal through Quidco. The bonus card should show up on the invoice just before you click to finish booking.
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by A Cheshire Cat View Post
I believe you just activate the link for the $100 gift card then proceed with the booking as per normal through Quidco. The bonus card should show up on the invoice just before you click to finish booking.
It didn’t work for us. I had activated the link but went through Quidco. I didn’t get the gift card and Quidco didn’t track either. I’ve had to log a claim.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
A Cheshire Cat
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It didn’t work for us. I had activated the link but went through Quidco. I didn’t get the gift card and Quidco didn’t track either. I’ve had to log a claim.
I wonder how people managed to do it? I managed to get quidco to track, but didn't get the $100. I have sent an email, so fingers crossed I will get the bonus.
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by A Cheshire Cat View Post
I wonder how people managed to do it? I managed to get quidco to track, but didn't get the $100. I have sent an email, so fingers crossed I will get the bonus.
I was going to do that but was worried the cash back would be rejected.

Trip Report Index