Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Feb 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ticking the Boxes Aug 19 Day 9

Just as fast as we had arrived, it was time to throw everything into bags. We were not done with the fun, but this was the best time to pack up. We made sure all the breakables were nestled with dirty washing. Hand luggage as packed as it could be. We left it all in our room, as BB had sorted a late check out, which meant we could go almost straight through from room to DME later on.
We caught the bus to DHS, but we weren’t going in. We then ticked off a rerun of our favourite travel method in WDW, the friendship boats.

We were both feeling quieter this morning,

wearing our ears for the last time. (BB had been so game to wear the groom ears ALL trip, hats doffed to you sir). We got off in the boardwalk and just wandered.

It was baking hot, so bought a drink and sat and watched the world go by. I do like the boardwalk clothes shop, I picked up a couple of last minute gifts, which were small enough to go into hand luggage. We laughed at the cost of shortbread here, made with a mickey stamp/mould. It really is our favourite place to stop and chill (joint with CSR).

It was eventually time to check in for the Bon Voyage breakfast! Now we both were not completely sure about this one as it had the live characters. There were plenty of children and families around, but lots of couples too. Our next door neighbours were celebrating their golden wedding anniversary! The menu for breakfast was a little different, with pastries first, and much needed coffee and juice. We both liked the food, although we were seated so close to neighbours it made chatting harder to do. There was some fancy music, maybe even a song and the announcer presented the couple. First up we had Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. We asked each of them if they had a piece of advice for our married life. Rapunzel told me not to use the frying pan, ever.

Flynn said to talk to each other.

They were both fine, but it was a tad weird talking like that to a ‘face’ character. Arial was suggesting swimming together, but was more interested in having a quick photo and moving on, despite BB getting the photo done for his DD who loved Arial.

Prince Eric told BB to spoil me every day and to buy me a dingle hopper from time to time.

Our ‘mains’ had come part way through the characters and were pretty good. I had the frittata and it was huge. I just couldn’t make a dent in it. Neither of us can remember what BB had, it was clearly not memorable. I am glad we did this meal, but I am not sure I would go back, there are other places still to be tried!

We went back out for a short wander … but we both knew we ‘it was time’.

We friendship boated back to DHS,

then bussed to CSR. Cleared our room out and wandered over to the reception area. We did that all quicker than we anticipated so spent some time chilling. Well I swapped chilling for nerves when I saw on the BBC site that there were huge power cuts in the UK (It wasn’t nearly as bad here as reported – certainly press over exaggeration!) I also saw the CM who had helped me the previous evening. She stopped and had quite a long chat before being called away to work. I logged onto twitter to pay her a #castcompliment, so I hope that she had a clap from bosses from me.

As we went down to DME stop, literally 5mminutes walk away and it started to rain. Really rain! We were able to stay dry and the bus was not long in coming. It was a smooth journey to Orlando airport, and it did seem longer than the other direction!

I think we have a form of consensus that for an onsite holiday we didn’t need to hire a car, but that a villa holiday feels very different. So if we are fortunate enough to go again, we may well have a discussion on our hands as to which way to go!

We found check in and had to have help! But it seemed like everyone did! Then went down for a panda express, which seems to have become a tradition. Through security and airside, we just chilled until boarding. All very smooth. We had worn our bride and groom t-shirts and on boarding were offered a glass of prosecco, which was a very nice touch!

We had front of row seats, and had one spare between us too. Bonus!
Then we met our cabin crew who was very interested in the wedding planning, he was also getting married later in the year. We swapped stories and chatted all through the take-off time. We were sat for ages on the runway, rumoured to be a certain president requiring sufficient airspace around him. I actually slept on the flight, I had put some very soothing music on and it kept me almost asleep. With breakfast, our cabin crewman came presented us with a bottle of champers, although he had to stow it for the flight landed.

Disneymoon over … we had about 48 hours to sleep and recover before family duties resumed. We had certainly packed lots into our week, we had ticked so may boxes including the ones I’ve deliberately missed off this trippy. Here’s to hoping for another Disney adventure one day …
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Brilliant! Loved reading this ! I think you deserve one of BBs gold stars
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Brilliant! Loved reading this ! I think you deserve one of BBs gold stars
Are they what come after you've got a full set of Dibb Ears?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
That was a brilliant trippie thank you so much for taking the time to do it
Sounds like a great trip

Joan
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
That was a brilliant trippie thank you so much for taking the time to do it
Sounds like a great trip

Joan
My pleasure! I have enjoyed writing it!
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it's been a great read.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it's been a great read.
Thank you for reading and commenting along!