Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Have you found any older versions of googlemaps to compare with?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

No, can't change it on my screen, just says streetview in black box top lhs. Mine says 2009 when it looked like a new road, different to what it looks like now.

Nearest post code is NG32 1DH if anyone wants to comment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
it isn't rural for Lincolnshire though so it depends on your definition, as town is under 2 miles away so not Lincolnshire Wolds that I would describe as rural.
The dictionary definition is that it's an area outside a town or city. If the road is outside a town and between two villages then it's rural.

The government's legal definition of a rural area is an area outside of settlements with more than 10,000 residents. Many towns in Lincolnshire have less than 10,000 residents so even some towns in the area would be considered "rural" by this definition. Again, it sounds like the road is in a rural area as it isn't within a settlement of more than 10,000 residents.

Or, to put it another way, if the road is surrounded by fields then it's in a rural area.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
No, can't change it on my screen, just says streetview in black box top lhs. Mine says 2009 when it looked like a new road, different to what it looks like now.

I'm not sure exactly which road it is, but when I clicked on StreetView on the road closest to NG32 1DH it said that the image was captured in July 2009 - as you say.

So that should show you want the road looked like over 10 years ago. You should be able to compare those old Google StreetView images to photos taken recently to show that the road hasn't been maintained.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:25 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Less that 20mph, don't know the exact speed, it was down hill, was more interested in avoiding the horsebox coming up the hill. We were both not going very fast.
I would have stopped and let the horse box go past.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I would have stopped and let the horse box go past.
We had both slowed down, we both couldn't see each other, I approached from the top of hill going down and they were heading up the hill. They moved out further into the road as there was damaged road on their side too (seen in picture). The road is wide enough to pass, there are no passing places and I caught a bit of rough, damaged edge of road.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

That road looks in beatiful conditipn compared to the roads round here. I feel like getting a bumper sticker saying "I'm not a drunk driver, I'm avoiding the pot holes."

I live in Northamptonshire and the council are bankrupt. Don't come to Northamptonshire if you aren't good at swerving xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I know that road well (I live in Great Gonerby). Never realised another Dibber lived so close.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
So, in a nutshell, you did not pat attention where you were pulling off.

It was quite obvious that there was a slight fall in the road surface, but you still continued.

Now you want the council to pay for your mistake?
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
I know that road well (I live in Great Gonerby). Never realised another Dibber lived so close.
I am aware of a handful of Dibbers with NG31 post codes 😉
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread