Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Raising and caring for Eric the Cat for nearly 22 years

Snorkelling off the Great Barrier Reef

Paid off the mortgage on my house

Reaching senior management level in an international bank

Being a carer for Mum for the last 10 years of her life (age 82-92). Challenging at times but so worthwhile.

Conquering my fear of the dentist
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Meeting my DH and getting engaged , buying a house and married within a year of meeting. Still together 41 yrs later. Having 3 children and being proud of the fine adults they have become.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Like others on here my two beautiful children, who have given me 2 beautiful grandchildren, with my husband built 3 houses, and totally transformed the bungalow we live in now, and volunteering at an animal rescue which I loved
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Every day I wake up I'm extremely pleased.

I realise that's setting the bar quite low.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Having my 2 fabulous sons
Being an army wife supporting my DH for his 22 years service.
Making fantastic friends
Being with DH for 35 years so far.
Saving money for our Disney fix!

I'm sure there's more but can't think of it

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My children of course, particularly how selfless and non materialistic they are, despite being very fortunate in life and travelling fairly extensively, we always volunteered as a family whenever we travelled with them and ensured they saw how people can live to appreciate what they had rather than take it for granted. I'm so proud that it paid off and they're such caring, well balanced, non entitled individuals.

On a personal note, gaining my scuba diving qualification was a major thing for me as i'm not a natural diver at all.

My parents were always incredibly proud that I graduated as a nurse, it makes me very happy to know that I made them proud, and that I went back into the profession before they passed away, they were never happy that I gave it up when the kids were little so I'm pleased they got to see me nursing again.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Can I come back tomorrow once I’ve finished my final chemotherapy because that’s going to be my biggest achievement 🥳🥳
Mackenzies03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Mine is doing an Open University Degree in my 40s whilst doing a demanding full time job and being seriously ill for several months during my final year. It took me several years but it was worth it. That's it! I had a rough childhood but so many people do so I haven't included that.
Well done. Ou takes real commitment. I did my Degree with the OU too, graduating in my forties
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

1. Successfully battled my way through sepsis after being in a coma in intensive care.
2. Raising two amazing children and remaining a close knit unit even though we live in different continents.
3. Being close to and adored by my little grandchildren.
4. Developing the confidence to travel solo as a widow and never allowing this to stop me doing whatever I want to do.
5. Still being thankful every day that I’ve retired and am therefore out of the rat race!
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Can I tell you my dads story/great achievement as he is no longer here to tell it.

My dad’s dad was a traveller a true old fashioned Irish traveller who happened to stay for a while for my Nan but got itchy feet when my dad was 3. His mum re married to a horrid man who beat my dad daily. They had 6 other children so 7 children slept in one bedroom with just old mattresses on the floor and a leaky roof. My dad was given the last scraps that were left over to eat.
At the grand age of 11 my dad had enough of the beatings and left home, walked from Wigan to Oldham to find his aunt. This took him 3 days on a stolen bike. His mum came for him when he was 14 to bring him home.
He started working at 15 at bulldog tools. He could not read or write.
At 18 he met my mum and she fell pregnant, her parents said that they could get married if he went to night school and got some education.
My dad fell in love with education and ended up volunteering to teach other adults to read and write one evening a week for ten years until the charity went bust. For the first time in his life he had a home full of love and he went on to do a degree, masters & PHD but still continued to do other A levels that interested him like biology, psychology etc etc. He was the chairman of the institute of management.
His family (my mum, my sister & I) were his life.
He was so loved, such a loving man but also very tall and strong, certainly not someone you messed with lol. He was the corner stone to our family.

He was dragged up, they was unbelievably poor, he was beaten and spat on, lived with other relatives for 3 years yet this never effected his later life. He turned his life around completely.
In the hospice one of the carers burst out crying when she saw my dad, he had taught her read and write and passed on the passion for education and learning and she said she had always remembered him and was forever great full to him.

My dads greatest achievement was not letting his childhood ruin his life. He was tremendously proud of my sister and I and loved his grandchildren with all his heart.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List