Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 15, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bolton
slightly serious Dibber

Not the best way to start your holiday and hats off to the couple who were in there giving you help in dealing with the situation. People do make mistakes its what they do to put things right and it starts with admitting they made one in the first place, not accuse and blame you for none payment and such like.
With regards to the pool heat I have just got off the phone with guests in ours and they say it has not been that warm and so the pool has felt chilly even with the heating on this may be something to do with it or it may even not have been switched n in the first place.
Mark
bolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
It's situations like this that put me off booking villas.
We have had one before and everything went well and it was really nice but lately I've heard a lot of negative things and as I want one later this year it just gets me thinking.
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
We have had one before and everything went well and it was really nice but lately I've heard a lot of negative things and as I want one later this year it just gets me thinking.
Don't let this put you off, it was human error and things like this do happen even with the large travel agents, it is how the problem is dealt with that makes the difference. most private villa owners avoid things like this as they know exactly who is booked in and when, and remember you will always hear about the negative things but never hear much about things when all goes as it should.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
Have to agree with Steve hands on owners know exactly who has booked. when they are arriving. The vast majority of rentals go without a hitch.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We have had one before and it turned out just fine, (although it was recommended) but there just seems a lot of negatives lately.
I think I'd be happier booking one through here.
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Really not the stressful start to your holiday you needed especially after a long flight, but glad its all sorted and the couple in 'your' home seemed accommodating.

Glad its all worked out and wow, an 8 bed house... you dont see many of them, well atleast not over here
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

There's no guarantees whoever you book with - We had this happen once with Virgin Holidays. They'd booked the wrong date with the hotel. Stuff happens!

OP what an absolute nightmare for you! So glad it's been sorted - now have a wonderful holiday
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Reading your post brought back memories of the exact thing happening a few years ago to us. Booked direct with the villa owner, however her property was a new build and not yet finished so the management company found us another villa on the same estate approx a month before arrival. . We received all details lke you access codes etc. On arrival we saw a car in the drive and our hearts sank. The couple already in the villa were also very accommodating inviting us in to make phone calls etc. Ended up spending the night in a hotel and sorted with the management company the next day. We have been numerous times since and touch wood all has been ok. Just unlucky I suppose
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

I would contact them again , Write a email or letter and demand some compensation (I.e a huge reduction for any future villa! Or free ! -after the stress that must of caused) , expecially after a long flight, shopping and 2 kids in car tired..it's Not on to just give you upgrade now, I'd say crap service!
You should either get partial refund as well as a good discount next time definatly!

Hope you have a lovely holiday now it's sorted though and nothing else goes wrong.

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 06:40 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh what an absolute nightmare! But as the others have said the family in the villa sound lovely! A similar ish thing happened to us couple years ago when we were taken to fine wrong hotel and just dropped off. We had to then wait for 2 hours (at gone midnight!) for someone to come and collect us
Closed Thread