Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 15, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

We have had them twice once a condo and another time in a villa we just rang mc and within a couple of hours they sorted the problem , both places were spotless and lovely just one of them things
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all, hard to tell if they are dying if not. H said they move fast.
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bolton
slightly serious Dibber

The question is whether they are alive or dead, if the latter then that's a sign of the bug treatment working if not then a call to the MC will be required. Good thing to stop most bugs from entering the house is to make sure all doors are closed as this is the usual method of entry.
bolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BB139
VIP Dibber

As said in a previous post, Palmetto bugs look very much like cockroaches and it would be difficult to tell them apart if you haven't seen them before. It is the season for Palmetto bugs, they fly around and move fast, my foot is normally faster when I stamp on them. If the villa had cockroaches in situ, you would probably see their dirt and smaller ones. If they are largeish, it's probably the Palmetto's or just a straggler come in for a visit.

BB139 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

They're not flying, just crawling round the walls
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope things are better for you tonight. We had nothing today yay!
Old 25 Aug 15, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Just found a tiny one, scuttling around really fast, with long tentacles etc.

Although by the time I called H upstairs, it disappeared
Old 25 Aug 15, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Good stuff hope you get sleep tonight !
Old 25 Aug 15, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

We had a few last year in our villa, we would catch them in a glass then let the waste disposal unit take care of them.
Diznee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Hi, Florida resident here. Yes, this is the bug capital of the world I'm afraid, as well as critters. We are having the usual influx of Palmetto (water) bugs that look very similar in size and colour to cockroaches with the heavy rain. We spray, but it doesn't stop them getting in, just that they die once they have been through the pesticide.

I used to hate cockroaches before we moved here, but we are so used to seeing bugs, snakes and critters around that they really don't bother me now.

I know it's tough when you are on holiday but if they are dying then the pest control is doing its job.

The worst one I ever saw was in Tenerife and it was massive and flew at me! Now, I step around snakes in the hedge without blinking an eye lol
I thought Palmetto bugs where Florida woods cockroach
its a large species of cockroach which typically grows to a length of 30–40 mm (1.2–1.6 in).[3] When alarmed, adults can eject an extremely foul smelling directional spray up to one meter,[4] which inspired several of its other common names: Florida skunk roach, Florida stinkroach, skunk cockroach, skunk roach, stinking cockroach, and stinkroach.[5] Two other naming variations include Florida cockroach and Florida woods roach.