Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rectory
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We have only been once to Florida (and now have the bug ha ) in august n was just way too hot for the others not me our other holidays have always been august so never had to take out of school but now as husband really doesn't want august I'm in that position. I'd love October as we are looking at 3 weeks so could use October as birthdays for my 2 girls I'm just a bit worried she'll miss things in high school and she'll of only been there for a term so still a bit new for her pros and cons for both 😭😬
Rectory is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
I would go the week before May half term be less busy than being there the week after Half term . We are doing similar this year fly out on Weds 17th come back on the Fri last day of schools hols. So dd has all Sunday to try and get back to normal before returning back to school on the Monday
sounds like were doing the same thing this year but next year we have yr 2 SATS in May so was thinking of October half term & week before we thought we would see the Halloween stuff then aswell which DD has never seen but was worried about weather
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Both times were fab although I think October was probably my favourite as the weather was more 'pleasant' to wander around the parks but only just. We were lucky with weather both times, May was hotter though but not too unbearable. It was great to see Disney in all its Halloween glory. We have a similar dilemma as next year when I think we will return it is also Yr 6 SATs for us so I suppose a perfect reward, the new start at high school makes me a little more reluctant to take her out in the October. I'm possibly considering the Feb holidays as I've read a few good trip reports...school just so gets in the way of life ha ha
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mlbolger
Very Serious Dibber

We always go October/November but son starts secondary school in sep 17 so didn't want to pull him out in first term. So we are going 29th May for 16 nights this year. However, as Charlie is at a little catholic school and they like to be in school for Holy Week, he only has a week off at Easter and two weeks for the May spring bank holiday. We don't land back until the Thursday when they go back but his class are on a week long residential which truth be told I didn't want him to go on really as he has Type 1 diabetes and I would only worry myself stupid every night! Lol. Worked out well.

Oct04 Villa Hampton Lakes, Nov05 QII Int Drive
Feb 08, Nov 09, Nov 10 Villa Emerald Isles
Oct 12 Disney Beach Club
Nov 13 Carribean Beach
Nov 15 Wilderness Lodge
mlbolger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

We had the same issue this year. Our eldest son is doing his sats in May. We got a deal we were happy with flying out 13th October. For 14 days so the second week will be the half term.

I have never taken them out of school before and they both have good attendance so taking them out for 6days this once I don't have a problem with.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Been 14 times yet only ever been in late April/May/early June or late September/early October.
Not sure there's much in it weather-wise, also weather is somewhat variable - late May/early June 2015 was very hot and humid, whereas same dates in 2016 were (for me anyway) absolutely perfect.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Candlestick
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rectory View Post
Right ok I'm going to ask school the dates for sats next year I was thinking just before they break up for half term and a week or so into June. we went august last time but husband and kids struggled a lot with the heat and humidity. It's a shame we don't have more than a week off may and October. Thank you though I'm worried her missing out too much in October x
Sats are a week later in May 2018 than they have been so double check before booking. Also going after sats
Candlestick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rectory
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Bloody schools eh 😂😂 I can't believe how much of a tough decision it is 🙈
Rectory is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Our eldest also has her SATS this year. We are flying out in May half term and going for 16 nights, which means time off school.

Once she starts high school we do not intend on her having any time off for holidays.

It's the first time we've been in May as previously been September, October or November!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rectory View Post
When is the best time to go peeps looking at next year my eldest will have yr 6 sats in may so looking at going after that or October my only worry is she will be in her first year at high school if we choose October not sure what to do as looking at taking week in the half term and week and half out of school. Thanks
Any month but June. May, September and October all Fantastic.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List