Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My council seems quite good compared to some of yours . We have weekly black bag and recycling collections of glass , plastic , paper and food waste /garden with no limit on either . Even with the weekly collections I still have have st least four big bags of paper and plastic .
Old 30 May 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We have a food and garden waste wheelie bin, a recycling wheelie bin and a non recycling wheelie bin , a food caddy which then tips into the food bin and a blue box for newspapers /paper which can go in the recycling bin anyway!
They get collected every two weeks , well 2 one week and the other one the other week
It's ridiculous

Edited at 08:58 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We have two wheelie bins, one for dry recyclates and one for rubbish. Then a small bin for food waste. Food is every week and the other two are alternate weeks. Glass we have to take to the tip to recycle.

If you have a mixed collection, like the bin men don't separate them, they don't take glass as it contaminates the other recyclables. I wish we had a glass bin, it'd be very helpful.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
When we leave Europe do we get to change our targets on recycling?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't have wheelie bins, it's black bin bags. We also have 2 heavy duty plastic coated bags, 1 for paper/cardboard and the other for plastics. We have a green plastic box for tins/glass.

Collection is once a week.
Old 30 May 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
When we leave Europe do we get to change our targets on recycle?
Well we could but whilst the current targets are set to achieve the targets set by the EU, the targets we have in the Climate Change act are tougher than the ones set by the EU, particularly the Scottish targets. So I'd be surprised if leaving the EU changed much.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by planecrazi3778 View Post
We have 9 bins, 1 regular, 1glass, 1 plastic, 1 tins, 2 cardboard, 2 paper and a garden bin... It's a mix of boxes, bags and wheelie bins! It's so annoying to sort!
My god 9 that is ridiculous. We have 3 bins which isn't too bad however my complaint is our black bin is emptied every 2 weeks so in the summer it stinks and usually we have ants or maggots in it.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Four full size wheelie bins:
Grey; non-recyclable , emptied every 3 weeks.
Blue; glass, plastics and tins, emptied every 2 weeks.
Green; paper and card, emptied every 2 weeks.
Brown; garden and food, emptied every 2 weeks.
The grey bins from houses with young children stink with three weeks' worth of dirty nappies!😷
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smurfette123
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm all for recycling but my garden is tiny! and is full of different coloured wheelie bins. Now all the collection days have changed too. I got a calender that looks like someone went mental with different coloured bingo dabbers and some of them don't even match the colour of the corresponding bin!

I have to check the calender every night to see what one goes out when. It's doing my nut in. Apologies for ranting lol

Kate
smurfette123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

In Trafford ( suberb ) of Manchester we have 4 wheelie bins!
Grey for general landfill waste, every 4 weeks.
Blue for paper and cardboard, every 4 weeks.
Black for glass, bottles, cans & plastics, every 4 weeks.
Green for food waste and garden waste EVERY WEEK! Useless apart from Summer & Autumn.

This year our council tax went up 3% and we were told we had to pay £40 a year if we wanted our green bin emptying if we put garden waste in it but we could still put food waste in for free! We usually only have 1 bag of food waste a year so they will empty our green bin every week for 1 bag but I cannot put any garden waste in as I refuse to pay the extra £40!