Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 14 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

watched three episodes, had to stop as i'm in tears. they were children. they had their childhood taken from them. just so someone could get a conviction. it's horrifying
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
watched three episodes, had to stop as i'm in tears. they were children. they had their childhood taken from them. just so someone could get a conviction. it's horrifying
The last episode is by far the hardest to watch.
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Finished it yesterday, so hard to watch. I cried and had to walk out of room a few times throughout. Absolutely heartbreaking, I have boys age 13 and 16 and cant imagine what those poor boys went through. Think the police and lawyers who put them in jail need to be punished.
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Good news today, the prosecuter woman who pushed it all through has been dropped by her book publisher for her role in it all.

Donald Trump of course still continues to maintain their guilt and wishes those 5 innocent children were murdered by the state...
I'm angry she isn't in jail, never mind dropped by her publisher.

The whole series is heart breaking and unbelievable. The only positives is the way they are living their lives now, a testament to their characters.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Finished it yesterday, so hard to watch. I cried and had to walk out of room a few times throughout. Absolutely heartbreaking, I have boys age 13 and 16 and cant imagine what those poor boys went through. Think the police and lawyers who put them in jail need to be punished.
I finished it friday - i have boys much the same age too. i am still so shocked how the police fully went to war on those boys. they should all be locked up for what they did.
I was the same as you- kept pausing it to walk out of the room.
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Amazing acting but harrowing. Karma got Linda Fairstein in the end though. I won’t be reading her books again.
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just finished this...I actually kept putting off watching it as I knew it would be harrowing.
Awful to think Donald trump was elected as president even after his views on this. Shocking that everyone went unpunished apart from 5 innocent boys. It was absolutely heartbreaking, phenomenal acting, this surely will be up for awards and it’s great that it’s sparked a re-interest and more awareness of this as I had never heard of it before this series was released. Also a positive that some people have been made accountable due to the series. Disgusting that they weren’t held accountable before though.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I’m watching this now and put off watching too. I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish watching it. It’s heartbreaking. The scary thing is, if this was to happen it’s frightening that as parents what can you do!

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I’ve just finished this...I actually kept putting off watching it as I knew it would be harrowing.
Awful to think Donald trump was elected as president even after his views on this. Shocking that everyone went unpunished apart from 5 innocent boys. It was absolutely heartbreaking, phenomenal acting, this surely will be up for awards and it’s great that it’s sparked a re-interest and more awareness of this as I had never heard of it before this series was released. Also a positive that some people have been made accountable due to the series. Disgusting that they weren’t held accountable before though.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It should of never gone so far, so Sad for those boys
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

We started watching it this weekend. We are baffled as to why those police officers were not interested in finding out who actually did it rather than just pinning it on some random boys. That underage boys were interviewed without guardian or counsel is appalling, I do not know how they got away with it.

I am a bit of a crime buff , unfortunately there are many even worse miscarriages of justice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List