Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Aug 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
HHN Newbie

Were thinking of getting the BOGOF HHN ticket. We have never been before so totally new to it all, but thought it would be great to get our Universal fix in and have some fun with the scare zones etc.

Are there any tips for us going for the first time, some of us want to do rides, scare zones but not so fussed on the houses ( scaredy cats )
Where as i would like to do a few houses

Any info would be great and would make my mind up to get the tickets
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stepee
VIP Dibber

The BOGOF ticket is a great option. We did that last year.

We went 1 night to do the scare zones, and soak up the atmosphere. Then the second night, we had fast passes and did the houses. You definitely need the fast passes for the houses if you want to do more than 2, as the wait times are up to 4 hrs for the popular houses. Whereas with the fast passes, you wait no more than half an hour.
DLP - Newport Bay - Sept 2023
WDW - Coco beach/AKL/Sapphire falls - Sept 2024
stepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by stepee View Post
The BOGOF ticket is a great option. We did that last year.

We went 1 night to do the scare zones, and soak up the atmosphere. Then the second night, we had fast passes and did the houses. You definitely need the fast passes for the houses if you want to do more than 2, as the wait times are up to 4 hrs for the popular houses. Whereas with the fast passes, you wait no more than half an hour.
See - we had the BOGOF tickets last year too, didn’t have fast passes but over the 2 nights did most of the houses, barring stranger things, and then did rides too! I suppose it depends when you go. Our nights were the 1st and 2nd November so it may be that most people went before then.
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
See - we had the BOGOF tickets last year too, didn’t have fast passes but over the 2 nights did most of the houses, barring stranger things, and then did rides too! I suppose it depends when you go. Our nights were the 1st and 2nd November so it may be that most people went before then.
My daughter and I did BOGOF mid Oct last year and we too did most of the houses. We did Poltergeist first the first night and the Stranger Things house first on our second visit. Queues weren't too bad at all and we did loads of rides.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

I am a first timer too and have the BOGOF tickets so planning to do 19th and 25th Sept. We dont plan on getting the Express Passes as we are reluctant to pay all those $'s on top .
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

We found we didn't need express passes. We just made sure we were in the holding area as soon as allowed and did the most popular house first each night. We really enjoyed some of the less popular houses.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBh if I wasn't going to do the Houses I don't see the point IYKWIM, the rides for us are an after thought- it's just the normal rides at night unlike Howl o Scream where the lights are off & scare actors are on with you. On a 2 nighter you should be ok, we have always managed to do all Houses, without Ep, but that was pre-10 houses
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
We found we didn't need express passes. We just made sure we were in the holding area as soon as allowed and did the most popular house first each night. We really enjoyed some of the less popular houses.
What are holding areas, sorry I have no idea

I’ve just booked the tickets, think it will be great fun
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We always do the Mummy ride once we have done half of the houses then do the same the next time as we always do 2 nights
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by florida mad View Post
What are holding areas, sorry I have no idea

I’ve just booked the tickets, think it will be great fun
If you don't have regular park tickets you won't be able to use the holding areas. The holding areas are for what they call stay and scream - guests who have general park admission in addition to the HHN ticket can enter the park during regular operating hours and wait in designated area between park closing and the start of HHN. Already being in the park offers you the advantage of beating the HHN crowds to the houses and can generally get a good 2 in with somewhat reduced queues.

I highly recommend the express pass for one of your visits. That way you can focus on getting the houses done on first visit and enjoy the ambience and events on the second visit targeting the houses you enjoyed most - that would be my strategy.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List