Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Oct 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohSized
New Poster (3)

New pooh sized member!

Hello all! Just wanted to say hi

I'm travelling to Orlando in 3 weeks and had fully planned on shifting some weight before I traveled. Bells Palsy and major abdominal surgery put paid to that plan and to be honest, I'm just glad I'm still able to go!

I am getting a bit panicky though. I'm travelling with my 14yo son, and I'm so scared he'll be embarrassed that I won't be able to ride any of the rides.

I'm a UK 24/26 bottom and top, pretty evenly 'spread' out - and 5.4ft. I'm particularly concerned about 7DMNT, Pandora, and the HP rides at Universal.

I would very, very much appreciate any personal experiences of these rides that you'd be willing to share!

Thank you!
PoohSized is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hello!
You have nothing to worry about with 7DMT, I fitted in no problem, it’s snug but there’s still room. I’m about the same size as you, 5ft 3 and a 24 bottom/26 top.
I was overly worried about FoP, didn’t have the courage to try the test seat out in full view so just went for it. When you stand in the bike put your feet as far forward as they will go before you sit down, push yourself against the chest/torso part and sit up as straight as you can, I was so tense but the back of the bike rose and clicked into place with no issues, when I relaxed I found that I still had room. I rode it four times in the end

There was a larger guy next to me and the cast member pushed the back of his bike in till it clicked, so the ride seats can cope with us pooh sized people.

I think that reading all the posts on other forums about larger sizes not fitting scared me, but honestly it was fine.
I can’t help with HP - sorry!
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Uke_Lay_Lee
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hello,
Don’t have any personal advice to give you as it’s been 7 years since I went so I’m a bit out of date lol. But there’s a blogger called Pammie plus parks She actually reviews the rides and gives advice about how the rides fit for her.
Hope that helps some and hope you have the best time ever
Uke_Lay_Lee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm not far off you and manged everything without issues- HP Hagrids- the bike is more generous than the side car
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Uke_Lay_Lee View Post
Hello,
Don’t have any personal advice to give you as it’s been 7 years since I went so I’m a bit out of date lol. But there’s a blogger called Pammie plus parks She actually reviews the rides and gives advice about how the rides fit for her.
Hope that helps some and hope you have the best time ever
This is what I watched. I’m the same size as you. Only did Disney and had no issues on any of the ones I went on. 7dmt was fine. I did worry about this one too.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Hello

Just wanted to say I totally get it. I am of 'bigger size' too and I am also tall for a female and in March I was flapping like mad about things like seatbelt on the plane, the rides etc.

I go again in 47 days and I am currently on a little diet mission. I know I won't be anywhere near my 'goal weight', but all I want is to be able to get on the plane not worrying, and the rides.

But you will be absolutely fine. Disney is made for larger people! There are thousands of big people that attend the parks every day. I would just advise you wear decent shoes because if you are anything like me, my ankles swell up massively, and being bigger its just uncomfortable and being hot and bothered doesnt help!
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

No real advice to give but I just wanted to say not to stress. Disney (haven’t been Universal to judge) is designed for larger people, my mum was a size 26/28 on our last trip & had no issues at all with rides. Honestly you’ll be perfectly fine when it comes to the rides, & you & your DS will have a fantastic time 😊

Oh & we also fly in 3 weeks 😃

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I too and pooh sized, Don’t worry about Disney, you will be fine. If you are worried about FOP there is a test seat outside to try.

I’ll be honest Universal was a different story for us, they are not really large guest friendly, even the minion ride squashed us. Everyride has a test seat to try before riding.

There are loads of you tube videos out there so watch a few and see how you measure up to them to get an idea.

Let me know if you have any questions as we have just come back, and both me and my wife are pooh bear sized.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohSized
New Poster (3)

Thanks all! I know it's daft really as no one can tell me until I get there as all body types are different, I'm just sooo worried about having to do the walk of shame in front of my son. Not because he would be embarassed, he's a great kid and he would completely understand, just because I don't want to spoil it for him. We've had a rough 18months and we both desperately need this holiday and honestly, it makes me cry when I think I might ruin it for him.

Thank you for your kind and non-judgemental responses xx
PoohSized is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, sorry to be a bit of a 'debbie downer' but i am 'only' a size 20 and could not ride FOP. not because tot he weight round my middle, but mu calf size is huge and they could not get the leg restraints to click in.

one thing i would say though if you cannot fit there really is no big embarrassment, people que up and decide not to ride for a variety of reasons... if you don't fit no biggie...

I do fit in all other rides tho!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List