Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Feb 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Smashbutt
Getting Excited

My wife is petrified of heights, gets motion sickness and can't even look at a rollercoaster without feeling queasy...

She loves this rode though... must have done it 3 times in a row! lol
Smashbutt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am another one who hates/is scared of most coasters but i really like Gringotts. The entrance hall/bank is fab.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

the drop at the start is not actually that big ,its more like the drop is only about 30 feet which is not that big. it does go round a bend at the bottom which increases the sensation of speed. After that it moves between screens which put forwards the story. The cars do spin to match the screen , but personally i would not call it a roller coaster, i would say a 3rd ride on rails.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

It's a brilliant ride I love it! I wouldn't class it as an actual roller coaster though it does stop quite a lot. It's no way near as fast as The Mummy.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Those of you who’ve been on Gringotts recently, is the drop still there? DS and I went on it in December (last time before was 2015) and we both came off saying ‘What’s happened to the drop?’ We both said we didn’t feel like there was one unlike in 2015 😕 Not sure if we were just remembering it to be worse than it was!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
Those of you who’ve been on Gringotts recently, is the drop still there? DS and I went on it in December (last time before was 2015) and we both came off saying ‘What’s happened to the drop?’ We both said we didn’t feel like there was one unlike in 2015 😕 Not sure if we were just remembering it to be worse than it was!
I don't know as haven't been since 2019, but I remember building myself up for it after my first visit (I don't like drops) and then thought, is that it?! It's not a very big one, but I think it's the anticipation of it when you're tipped at the top and waiting.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

I don’t remember being tipped this time that’s the thing 🤔 When we went in 2015, DS and I went on it first and purposely didn’t tell DH about the drop (he’s not a big fan of rides!) and when he went in with us he let out a very loud swear word on the drop and apologised to a child sat next to us 🤣

Maybe I was just desensitised to it 😁

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

I’m another scaredy - it’s absolutely fine.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I hate rollercoasters but love Escspe from Gringotts. Did it 3 times on the trot - first time in the normal queue then twice in the single rider queue.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List