Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tangled2020
First POST

Are we able to reserve a park admission now? I have linked my tickets but do not know how to make a park reservation. TIA
tangled2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tangled2020 View Post
Are we able to reserve a park admission now? I have linked my tickets but do not know how to make a park reservation. TIA
No, no one can make a park reservation yet and we've not heard anything more about the park reservation system other than they'll be one.

I suspect it will be at least a couple of weeks before it goes live. Although, as with all these things, that's just a guess.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by irnman View Post
Id imagine they would have to accommodate the ticket and give you 14 days worth of attractions, otherwise you could quite rightly ask for a refund and have a downgraded ticket i.e 7 day pass, 1 day pass etc...
There are already terms and conditions that state that the tickets are not guaranteed to provide 14 days entry (or words to that effect). It'll probably say, provides up to 14 days entry to the parks subject to availability (or something similar). They are valid for a 14 day period but that doesn't mean if you only use them for, say, 7 days then you can get a partial refund.

I mean, sure, you could ask for a partial refund but don't be surprised if they politely reject your request. They've said staying onsite doesn't guarantee entry to the parks so I assume the same applies to offsite guests as well. Or, to put it another way, no one is guaranteed entry.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Well, you don't have to sit in your hotel room - there are plenty of other things to see and do in Orlando.

But, unfortunately, Disney may not have any choice but to restrict people to x amount of days at the parks. These are not normal times, there will be restrictions, and that might mean that the number of days you can visit Disney could be restricted. In order to allow everyone to visit at least some of the time they may have to put limitations on the number of days you can book, the same as they do with fastpasses.

It's either that or they'll implement a "first come, first served" system. Those that can get onto the Disney app first will book all the days, leaving those who are a bit slow with no park reservations at all. Which seems a bit unfair to me.

Or we can hope that all these restrictions will put off enough people so that significant numbers cancel their trip and therefore there will be plenty of park reservations for everyone who are still going.

We'll have to wait and see.
If you’ve already paid for a park ticket that should cover your length of stay it’s hardly enticing to be spending more money elsewhere because you can’t be accommodated in the parks you’ve already paid for.

We’re still at the wait and see stage but hopefully it’ll all be worth for nothing as at least current ticket holders get first chance before a new tickets are sold. This suggests we’ll be able to book long before we (and by we I selfishly mean me!) have to pay in full for our trip.
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

There are already terms and conditions that state that the tickets are not guaranteed to provide 14 days entry (or words to that effect). It'll probably say, provides up to 14 days entry to the parks subject to availability (or something similar). They are valid for a 14 day period but that doesn't mean if you only use them for, say, 7 days then you can get a partial refund.

I mean, sure, you could ask for a partial refund but don't be surprised if they politely reject your request. They've said staying onsite doesn't guarantee entry to the parks so I assume the same applies to offsite guests as well. Or, to put it another way, no one is guaranteed entry.
Exactly. I go for 10-12 days and get a 14 day ticket. Obviously I can't use it the full 14 days as I'm not there that long but I'd never ask for a refund for the days I don't use.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

We’ve got tickets booked with our virgin package and Ive been told today we won’t get any tickets details or able to link tickets to MDE app until 30 days before flying, so basically we’ve paid for Disney tickets where we probably haven’t got a hope of making a reservation so disappointed. I even asked if this would change due to the new rules and reservation system I’m back to a reply of unless your holiday is within next 14 days...
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
If you’ve already paid for a park ticket that should cover your length of stay it’s hardly enticing to be spending more money elsewhere because you can’t be accommodated in the parks you’ve already paid for.
It's not supposed to be enticing. Disney isn't doing this to entice more people. Quite the opposite. (And no one is suggesting you have to spend more money elsewhere)

Disney isn't doing this to spite people or for the fun of it. It's putting restrictions in place because it has to.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Disney isn't doing this to spite people or for the fun of it. It's putting restrictions in place because it has to.
Clearly Disney are doing whatever they can to discourage park attendance in 2020 (& it’s working) however advising the park reservations system will continue for 2021 suggests they quite like the idea as oppose to ‘have to’ do it.

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said so far on this thread. Far from it. I’ve travelled to Orlando and the US enough times to be more than aware there’s ‘plenty to do’. Despite this, I want a holiday of my own making, not own that’s dictated to me. It costs far too much to go there and have half and experience. We’re all preparing that things will be very different but we’re all also hoping Disney will pull it out of the bag and make it as amazing as possible.

For what it’s worth, our balance is due mid Oct. We won’t be paying the balance if several things aren’t in place before hand. Two of those are borders open and being able to book park reservations.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What happens with dining reservations I presume they have to be in the park that you have booked for that day. We are hoping to book BC/YC therefore could be wanting to eat in Epcot several times but go to a different park in the day 🤔
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
What happens with dining reservations I presume they have to be in the park that you have booked for that day. We are hoping to book BC/YC therefore could be wanting to eat in Epcot several times but go to a different park in the day 🤔
That is exactly the situation we will be in , in a October, we are booked at YC specifically so we could nip in and out of Epcot for the dining ... and use it to get to the monorail over to MK ... the whole point of paying more for this luxury \ convenience is being take away ...
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List