Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Aug 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Coffee like tassimo Costa?

hi,
is anyone aware of any instant coffee available in walmart/publix that is similar in taste to Costa tassimo pods (americano) ? We have tried percolator coffee before from walmart which was a lot of faffing and not nice

We are going for 4 weeks next year fingers crossed, so don't want to lug a load of coffee out with us.

Cheers

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
I have read in some trip reports that many buy their pods from Aldi while out there, I know they sell them here so maybe you could buy before you travel and try?
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I have read in some trip reports that many buy their pods from Aldi while out there, I know they sell them here so maybe you could buy before you travel and try?
Thank you, the villa doesn't have a tassimo machine but we have one at home and the husband is addicted so hoping to find an instant coffee that tastes similar for his highness 🙄

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

We used to have a Tassimo until hubby tried a Keurig in Naples Grande Beach Hotel . Next year our villa had a Keurig and when the next villa didn't have one hubby decided to buy a Keurig from Walmart . Ended up buying a Keurig copycat for about $32 and bought the proper pods which worked really well . His fav is Starbucks Pike Roast . They also used to do a nice Panera Bread pod too . We just left the coffee machine in the villa when we left . With you going for so long it might be worth doing something similar .
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Could you not take Costa Coffee ground coffee with you ?
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There are lots of different types of filter coffee surely you could not have tried them all? it is a bit of a faf but cant you use a cafetière (French press) these are a few dollars in wallmart and you just put the ground coffee in it, pour in hot water, leave for a min or so and press it. Really simple

Costa also sell their own ground coffee in the supermarkets.
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Be interested in the "aldi" line as no-one in UK , that I'm aware of does Tassimo pods - it's the barcode problem I believe but I've had the Kuerigs at Universal RPR & it's a decent cup. BUT I highly recommend an Aeropress (check Amazon) I then buy a good Dark roast from Winn Dixie/Starbucks or even Joffrey's- of course you do need to be able to heat the water first.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Millymops
slightly serious Dibber

Fogers black Silk was really good I like a strong black coffee and this was the nicest I've found not all stores do instant though
Millymops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List