Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
If its 2022 Bal, then the world will have a lot more to worry about than Covid. 🤔
Economically, yes I would say so. However, the British economy is more resilient and can adapt quicker than most people think. The need for social distancing, mask wearing etc won’t destroy the UK economy, damage it yes, although even then there is opportunity. I know many companies that are better off now than before COVID as markets expanded for them.

However IF (and I don’t think it will happen) we were to see all the measures to slow transmittal fail and hospitals are overwhealmed, that would be devastating. Deaths from other diseases would spike, mental health would massively suffer, economy would be devasted. Hard lock down, mental health, deaths from other causes, economy hit, etc., as well. This is a tightrope we are on.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

Last week heard Trump say Covid vaccine ready for all by April 21. That made our decision to book July..., prefer Easter with better weather etc but felt too close.
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
Well I'm sorry if you think I insulted anybody but I disagree. I see some aggressive posters saying things like "Why do people not think this way, it's about this and that". Am I meant to take somebody seriously who states, not in jest, that Joe Biden will win the US election?
Well, on the last point, like everything Iook at it purely from a factual perspective and don’t get caught up in trying to fit narrative to fit what I hope will happen. And we all hope this pandemic was over. Of course, anything can happen on the day but at the moment all the US opinion poll trackers I’ve seen (FT for example) show Trump getting pretty much trounced at the moment. It would be quite some turn around. I personally think Biden is going to win big from what those polls are currently showing.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

I don't get the "will have to see after the election" quotes.

Will the virus vanish into thin air after the election?

Back to the original question, my opinion is early spring.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I already mentioned people are booking flights with BA with cancellation etc so there is no issue at all cancelling/getting a refund. I don't get why it's such a big problem, I've booked a few and won't lose a single penny?
Even if flights to America do depart in April you will be wearing a face covering for a minimum of 9 hours. Having just come back from Rhodes (4hr flight) its not the nicest of experiences. Plus once you are in Orlando, the parks are offering very limited experiences and hours for the same inflated prices
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post

A lot of Americans think the virus is an election hoax.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Fair point. Topic drift. Sorry. My point was Biden getting elected will change the nature of the response.
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Well I'm sorry if you think I insulted anybody but I disagree. I see some aggressive posters saying things like "Why do people not think this way, it's about this and that". Am I meant to take somebody seriously who states, not in jest, that Joe Biden will win the US election?
The post you responded to mentioned none of these things.
You and many others seem to delight in putting others down who are more cautious that you.
Can you not accept others differ in their opinions?

And regarding your last point - is a Joe Biden win not the current prediction in many publications?
Again, another group with a different opinion that you wish to insult.

Edited at 01:25 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The way the virus is tackled is sure to be impacted by who wins the election. The way it’s tackled will then impact how much of an issue it is (I’m not saying it goes away obviously!)
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Fair point. Topic drift. Sorry. My point was Biden getting elected will change the nature of the response.
Sorry wasn't aiming at you. I just see posts on other websites regarding the possibilities of travelling to the USA with the election mentioned.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List