Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Caljos
Trainee Dibber

My youngest son in Newcastle is isolating as he has been around people who have tested positive, managed to get an online shop so he won't starve at least.

My eldest son had to come back from his elective placement in New Zealand and went straight back to Sheffield were he remained whilst lock down was on. He is a final year medical student and just started placement again yesterday, he said he felt like he had forgotten a lot. Fingers crossed he just gets through this year.
Caljos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pluto's friends View Post
My DS moved into halls last week. He seems to be settling in and has his first online lecture today. The trouble is his flatmates are not bothered about the rule of 6. There's 6 in the flat and apparently one of them has invited 6 friends over to stay next week. He's said some will be sleeping in the kitchen. I'm not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions? It seems nobody is policing the halls so the students are doing what they want to.
Not sure what to suggest but could they all be in trouble if there are 12 people there rather than 6? Maybe the others in the flat could point that out to the one who is inviting friends?
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caljos View Post
My youngest son in Newcastle is isolating as he has been around people who have tested positive, managed to get an online shop so he won't starve at least.

My eldest son had to come back from his elective placement in New Zealand and went straight back to Sheffield were he remained whilst lock down was on. He is a final year medical student and just started placement again yesterday, he said he felt like he had forgotten a lot. Fingers crossed he just gets through this year.
My daughter did her medical elective in NZ too 15 years ago, she had a brilliant time and encouraged us to go and visit, what a wonderful place NZ , if I was young with no ties in the UK I could happily live there.

I'm sure everything will come back quickly once he gets in the swing. Being a medic is not easy at the moment, not that it ever has been.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
This is terrible, is this in Halls or privately rented? It needs sorting out, my son who was at uni a few years ago had mushrooms growing in his bathroom in a rented house. They sorted it but they grew back and he was leaving so wasn’t bothered! I’m glad he likes his course xx
Private rent. It is slowly getting sorted. DS2 seems to feel that it is getting sorted and he has signed the lease so he is staying.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
Not sure what to suggest but could they all be in trouble if there are 12 people there rather than 6? Maybe the others in the flat could point that out to the one who is inviting friends?
Yes they could all be disciplined, (Fined, suspended, expelled) he’s taking the Mickey big time, even in normal times it wouldn’t be acceptable.
It’s down to the other five to tell him no.
If he’s treating a shared flat like that in his first week heaven knows how bad it could get.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My niece, a 3rd year trainee uni paramedic who has been working all summer for the NHS got back from her ambulance nightshifts twice in the last few weeks To find her new flatmate had had parties while she was out. As well as having to clear up the mess the risks of infection were high. She is moving out today to a flat on her own, subsidised by her grandma for the extra money.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BarrettFamily View Post
Private rent. It is slowly getting sorted. DS2 seems to feel that it is getting sorted and he has signed the lease so he is staying.
In that case I would be having a word saying it’s not on and you will report him if the party goes on. If it was My dd she probably wouldn’t say anything and stay in her room!
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My ds2 was accused of not supporting 1 flatmate as he wanted to invite people to their house and do a mini exhibition in their basement. Josh voiced that he wasn't happy having strangers in the house and felt the timing was way off, yesterday the same flatmate texted him to ask if a female friend of his who was visiting him from London could sleep in joshs room, as 1 flatmate has tested positive for covid(josh is home atm), and them sharing the same room for a fortnight was a bit intense. Josh said, rightly, no. This started a whole load of texts, basically the flatmate just not accepting that josh had said no, and twisting it to make him look bad. I am with josh on this, and also all rooms have individual locks so no key. One flatmate did suggest he give his guest his room and he can kip on the couch lol xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
My niece, a 3rd year trainee uni paramedic who has been working all summer for the NHS got back from her ambulance nightshifts twice in the last few weeks To find her new flatmate had had parties while she was out. As well as having to clear up the mess the risks of infection were high. She is moving out today to a flat on her own, subsidised by her grandma for the extra money.
That's what grandmas are for, I would do the same
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Update on my paramedic trainee niece. She is now isolating in her new flat on her own as some of the students who attended a party in her previous flat have tested positive. Waiting for test results now. She has worked on ambulances in Manchester all summer working with accidents, illnesses and whatever and has not had problems with infection until now.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List