Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Apr 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
drew2u
Trading Disney Pins

2 weeks onsite Universal - Too long?

Having tried the 1 or 2 night stay here to get the express passes several times, we are considering going all in for the full 2 weeks of our next trip.

On top of that I may not hire a car, saving around £700 if you include the RPR parking fees, and use Uber to get offsite from time to time. Not doing Disney, so trips would be short to I-Drive, Outlets, Millenia, Turkey Lake Walmart and Florida Mall at a push.

Other factors;
Family loves Universal and Volcano Bay will also be open.
Shopping likely to be much less this year due to exchange rate so happy to spend more on the holiday itself.
RPR has great pool and parks close enough to visit for a couple of hours at a time.
Dining choices may be repetitive, even with City Walk.

So the question really is, does this tick all the boxes for mum, dad and a teenager or will it be the longest 2 weeks of my life?
drew2u is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

We've done a week universal no problem. I think you will be fine if you like pool time.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We done it our first time and doing it again this year. Although we do have 2nights away to st Petes and a day at KSC planned.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Not too long in my opinion, we're thinking of doing the same next year!
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

I stayed a week without a car, two weeks would be a synch.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

I would do it in a heartbeat as long as we had a couple of days out off site. You could hire a car from 8am one day, take a trip out to Tampa or similiar for two days and then return the car, so no car parking fees. The hotel will hold you bags for you if you are coming back. I maybe I would try a different Universal hotel for each part of the holiday.

Have a great time
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think if you're just doing universal then it would be fine, RPR is a gorgeous hotel and I wish we spent more time around the pool. Would happily spend a whole week them. We're doing Disney next year but the next trip will be non Disney...whenever that may be and I'll looo at a few days there! Go for it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
After spending a few nights there last year we are going back for a week this year and I think I'd easily do 2 weeks. It's such a beautiful resort with so much on offer even without the parks.
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

If doing this length of stay - we did a week last time - I would consider upgrading to executive lounge rooms. You can make the most of the lounge as not needing to spend all your time in the parks.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

We've got 16 nights RPR in August.

Did 14 nights RPR back in Easter 2015 and loved it. Only then we had car hire and also did the Disney parks. Was too much really and didn't get to relax and enjoy the hotel(s) and restaurants. So this time it's Universal only.

No car hire this time either, so any trips down i-drive or to the shopping mall we'll be using Uber taxis (Approx $9-$11 RPR to Orlando Eye). So a return trip would be similar to the overnight parking at the hotel.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List