Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 May 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
smurfette123
Serious Dibber

Mobile DLP at Xmas

I'm considering a few days early December but I've never been before. Is it xmassy? Has anyone been at that time that can tell me what it's like? Also, was looking at half board option but unsure of hotel atm.

Kate
smurfette123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Hi,
Its very Christmassy!
Think the decorations go up more or less after the Halloween decs come down.
We went at Christmas last year but arrived on Christmas Eve.
So if you're doing early December you may benefit from lower crowd levels but all the magic of Christmas.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
smurfette123
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you, sounds fab!

Kate
smurfette123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

We went early December a few years ago but it was a long weekend so it was very busy (weekends are busy at DLP no matter when!). If you can go midweek, or do a long weekend, you'll benefit enormously.

It is very Chrismassy and a lovely time to go. I'm sure you'll have fun. The only thing that wasn't great was the queues for Santa and tbh he wasn't great anyway! But overall, the parks looked beautiful and the parade and tree lighting are lovely.

As for hotels, it depends on your budget really. Where were you thinking of? I personally think SQL looks lovely at Christmas and if you went for Golden Forest Club you'd get hotel breakfast (with some hot items) which is nice at that time of year. If you go standard room with half board, you'd get a voucher for breakfast on the go from the Village or the Parks, unless you choose to pay extra for a hotel breakfast. Not a big deal for some, but at that time of year, many people do like a hot meal start to the day.

We stayed at DLH the year we did it as we like the location, on the doorstep and when we booked, obviously didn't know how cold it would be for walking back around the lake etc. As it happens, it wasn't hideously cold - we did have thermals on under our clothing but it was very bearable, so the walk would have been fine. However, you just can't tell!

I'd love to go back during Christmas season but sadly my children no longer get a long weekend at that time of year. And we wouldn't do actual Christmas itself. So I've a few years before we can return!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are going early December too & staying in SLGF & cant wait! We've never been at Christmas so really looking forward to it this will be my 3rd trip this year! All worth it!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Not sure if you're thinking of getting a free half board offer or paying for half board. If it's free, then it's what Tink75 mentioned above (voucher for small breakfast in the park) but if you're paying for your half board, then you'll get a hotel breakfast.

We're going at Christmas and really looking forward to it. DLH seemed to have a decent value price at £1200 for four of us for five days, so we decided to take the opportunity to make my daughters' Disney dreams come true! We enjoyed the walk back along the river to Cheyenne last summer, but I'll be happy to give that a miss and be so close to the park in the winter!

We'll be getting premium half board - that bit will cost a fortune, but we won some money recently and may as well spoil ourselves with it. The DLH breakfast sounds great, and my girls will be so excited about the princess meal, etc.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List