Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Why so many bins ...

Back from our Florida holiday today. Another two weeks in a great villa. Just two bins to worry about. Simple ... easy ... job done ... tidy.

Come home to another change here:

Recycle wheelie bin and normal wheelie bin ... Now both weekly collections (were fortnightly before).

Food caddy bin .. weekly. Now can wrap it all in plastic bags ... Couldn't before.

Glass jar/bottle box. ... no lid .. weekly.

All eyesores, and getting more and more bins/boxes/containers to deal with and hide unless we want to look like the local recycle center. I'd hate to be in a property with no rear access to hide all of these things.

Friends in neighbouring boroughs have totally different bins/boxes/containers! So how come there is no consistency here :angry:!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

We've got 5 wheelie bins and a glass tub. The glass tub is due to become a wheelie bin shortly! Glad of a big garden!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We have no rear access , our wheelie bin is on the corner of the drive . My utility room is full of the recycling bags and bins . The food one is under the sink . I hate the utility room being cluttered with recycling (and my youngest' s bike as he rides to school )but wouldn't want to not recycle .
Old 30 May 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Im really sad love the fact that we only have 2at the villa and they need to be put out /brought back,in at specified times or we get a fine We have 4 here at home at home and
Because we sit at the beginning of the tiny dead end street all the bind get left at the top,of our drive one neighbours can sit there for days drives me nuts as it's not even our street it's the corner house on the front street
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Wish our bins were emptied weekly especially now weathers getting warmer... yuk!
We have black bin collection every two weeks then recycling on the alternate week and we have green bin with garden waste this is only emptied usually between April-October and we have a blue box for cans and glass and a blue bag for paper and card ... the bags a pain in backside especially when it's windy cos they usually all blow up the street and collect in cul-de-sac
Ours are all hid behind a large fence cos bit of an eyesore

Edited at 08:46 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We only have 3 now -
Brown for garden waste and Black for glass, plastic, paper recycling.
Green for regular rubbish.
Emptied on alternate weeks.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

We have different bins and different times here. My issue is that the bin men leave so much rubbish behind. When I walk to the shop after the rubbish has been collected there is stuff left outside most houses. I know some people get it wrong but the main problem is living right in town people who sort their rubbish properly only need someone to drop a crisp packet or drink can on the top and they leave the whole lot behind! It then just gets strewn around the streets, ugh!
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a waste bin and recycling collected every 2 weeks with garden waste collected April to October every 2 weeks.

My parents also have a separate compost type bin.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I appreciate the recycling targets and I do support stuff not going to landfill. However I think Councils have forgotten they are there to serve us and not the other way around. My rubbish bin was reduced in size by 50% last year. So what am I supposed to do with my rubbish? Obviously chuck it in the back of the back of the car and drive to the tip. So they still end up having it!
However I do like the fact that Cardiff if advised in advance will take anything even up to 6 sacks of rubble. That's good as I have 12 to sling.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have 9 bins, 1 regular, 1glass, 1 plastic, 1 tins, 2 cardboard, 2 paper and a garden bin... It's a mix of boxes, bags and wheelie bins! It's so annoying to sort!
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List