Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Sep 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tone Arranger
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Magic Band Ordering

Another Magic band question. Many visits to WDW, first time in a Disney Hotel, Beach Club.

Understand we get a free Magic Band on arrival but that we can upgrade for $10, in advance, to a better one. We booked through Virgin Holidays.

I access my MDE account, from previous visits, and can see my Hotel booking, my ADR's and my Fastpasses, but cannot see tickets or order a MAgic Band.

I have a voucher from VH which says that my tickets will be included on my Magic Band, so not too worried about that.

But cannot order a Magic Band upgrade, each time it tells me I don't have permission to access that page.

"Access Unavailable
You do not have permission to access this page."

Anyone overcome this, what am I doing wrong ? I've been trying for over a week now, VH are no help, phoning the WDW number sends me round a loop and gets me nowhere.
Tone Arranger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I had to use a different browser to overcome the same issue. Have you tried that?
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tone Arranger View Post
Another Magic band question. Many visits to WDW, first time in a Disney Hotel, Beach Club.

Understand we get a free Magic Band on arrival but that we can upgrade for $10, in advance, to a better one. We booked through Virgin Holidays.

I access my MDE account, from previous visits, and can see my Hotel booking, my ADR's and my Fastpasses, but cannot see tickets or order a MAgic Band.

I have a voucher from VH which says that my tickets will be included on my Magic Band, so not too worried about that.

But cannot order a Magic Band upgrade, each time it tells me I don't have permission to access that page.

"Access Unavailable
You do not have permission to access this page."

Anyone overcome this, what am I doing wrong ? I've been trying for over a week now, VH are no help, phoning the WDW number sends me round a loop and gets me nowhere.
You are not doing anything wrong, it does not work for the vast majority of people. I have tried ten to fifteen tines a day, on multiple browsers and devices, for months and it simply doesn’t work so I have given up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You are not doing anything wrong, it does not work for the vast majority of people. I have tried ten to fifteen tines a day, on multiple browsers and devices, for months and it simply doesn’t work so I have given up.
The access issue is a completely seperate issue. It comes up with a picture of Donald Duck and "Access Denied". I fixed this issue by using Firefox rather than any other browser. The issues once you get on to the page are a complete pain, however. We were eventually successful but only because we all had several bands we would each be happy with and we swapped until we had three that worked. We found it worked when we went on at midday - I think they may update the selection at 7am EST, and perhaps that helped.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Your MDE account should show your tickets and should allow you to personalise your MagicBands. If it doesn't then something is wrong. Although clearly you must have had tickets listed in your account at some point otherwise you wouldn't have been able to make fastpass bookings. I suspect it's a glitch.

First, are you using the website or the app? I find that the website is better - don't use the app.

Try a different browser if that doesn't work.

Otherwise, I'm afraid it requires a phone call to Disney to sort the issue out.

My tickets are listed in my account and I can go onto the MagicBand personalisation page and see the various MagicBand options that are available. These seem to change daily. I haven't yet tried to order any because it's still nearly a year away from when we go. But I can access the page and see the MagicBands. I'd never had an "Access Denied" message - I may be lucky?

I see from your countdown that you go in 22 days. I think you need to sort out the issue and choose what MagicBand you want around 2 weeks before you arrive to ensure you'll receive them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tone Arranger
Proud to wear my Ears

I went in today using my samsung phone, and it seemed to allow me to select my Magic Bands, but only from a limited selection of plain colours (free) and a few premium ones @ $10.
So I picked a couple of plain ones, and will try later to go in and see if they are registered and whether they can be changed.
In terms of the limited selection that seems to be the way it is and maybe checking later they may have different ones ?
Tone Arranger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I went in today using my samsung phone, and it seemed to allow me to select my Magic Bands, but only from a limited selection of plain colours (free) and a few premium ones @ $10.
So I picked a couple of plain ones, and will try later to go in and see if they are registered and whether they can be changed.
In terms of the limited selection that seems to be the way it is and maybe checking later they may have different ones ?
I selected a couple of plain colours and now cannot do anything. In fact it says on my page, "thank you for making your magicband selections, it may took up to an hour for your new items to appear on this page". It has said that for about a fortnight now.

Fortunately we are having a split stay and I got some upgraded ones for the other stay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I too was quite frustrated with this - I tried to order several different premium ones, and each time I was met with "this selection is now out of stock, please choose another design". For every one I tried to order! Grrr. In the end I gave up and just stuck to the plain colours.
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

The upgradeable ones are always on and off MDE. They arent all available all the time. Just keep checking back. Its a pain though...

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
OWJAY
Imagineer

OWJAY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I spoke to Disney because I couldn't access mine - thy advised me to clear my browsing data and it worked

Disney- Florida 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013,2019
Barbados - 2006, Cape Verde and Tunisia 2014
Dominican Republic 2015 and 2016
Jamaica 2017 Mexico 2018 Lanzarote 2018, Fuerteventura 2020
OWJAY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List