Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Oct 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Dreamflight 2019 arrives MCO 28/10

Well it is that time of year again Dreamflight bringing 100 sick and disabled children for a holiday of a lifetime and arrives into MCO on Sunday. You might see a BA Jumbo jet at the airport with a huge welcome from FHIP who ride their motorbikes around the aircraft in greeting - its a wonderful sight. Once the VIC's are disembarked and safely on to their buses the FHIP and localPolice/Sheriff then do a rolling road block to close the roads to the Rosen Plaza to make sure they have a safe and speedy journey. The kids love it.

And a quick shout out for anyone in Orlando theme parks from Monday onwards.

Monday is Magic Kingdom Day and it is really magical to see the Very Important Children's (VIC's) faces that day even the slightly older "cooler" early teenage boys in the party. They visit Universal twice, Sea World and get visits from Kennedy Space Centre amongst other things.

So if you see various groups in different coloured T-shirts carrying poles with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mickey, Lisa Simpson etc going around the park please give them a wave - who knows you may be waving at me as I am spending 2 days (Mon and Wed) as a volunteer so its Magic Kingdom and Sea World for me I have done this in the past if it co-incides with my time here and I can honestly say it is really the best way to enjoy Disney seeing it through the eyes of someone who would not have had the chance or opportunity due to ill health or disability. I can't wait.

See you on Monday in MK
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Ahh - fond memories of dreamflight was a nurse with them for about 5 years 92-97

They will have a fantastic time

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

I bet they are all so excited.
I would love to see them out there and also volunteer with them one day too.
Have fun Stanleycamel
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Mobile

Hope you and all the children have a fabulous time. My grandson is a disabled wheelchair user and he adores Disney. In all his visits he is treated so well. Hope you all have a truly magical time.
Old 25 Oct 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Aww we fly from Gatwick on Sunday but to Barbados we will probably see them this end in the uk I’m presuming they fly from Gatwick? We have a disabled child so I’m sure we’ll be seeing a fair few similar children!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
It is truly magical... my BFF's son was 12 when he was part of the group 2 years ago. Unforgettable memories made for him.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ah I’ve just googled and see they go from Heathrow!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Aww we fly from Gatwick on Sunday but to Barbados we will probably see them this end in the uk I’m presuming they fly from Gatwick? We have a disabled child so I’m sure we’ll be seeing a fair few similar children!
No Dreamflight leave from Heathrow as it is easier for the regions to get to - they all meet up in a hotel for a big party on Saturday night with Dick and Dom. Also there is a great big send off on SUnday morning for them - all very special.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Reunion View Post
It is truly magical... my BFF's son was 12 when he was part of the group 2 years ago. Unforgettable memories made for him.
I volunteered 2 years ago too - I was allocated the Marvel group but we all intermingled at their hotel so I probably unkowingly said hello.

What group was he in? Glad he made some super memories.
Old 25 Oct 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
My one and only “claim to fame” was one year on Dreamflight ... I sang a bit of a solo with Clif Richard was only a few seconds - my voice is terrible

It is truly a magical time for the children - have a good time

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List