Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Landrys card, who, what, why?

Staying onsite next year so, like many others, am looking for budget ideas for eating out.

Have heard the Landrys card mentioned but have no idea what it is... do you have to pay for it? Where do you use it?

Tia
Old 26 Jun 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You buy a card for $25 but this is then credited to your account. You can also say your birthday in in the month you travel and get another $25 in that month but you cant use both credits at the same time. The restaurants you can use the card at are T rex, yak and yeti and rainforest cafe. You dont need a reservation as waving your card gives you priority. Hope this helps.
Old 26 Jun 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Their website is here - Landry Select
As Tabbycat said, those 3 restaurants are the ones most dibbers recommend as they are in Disney Springs/Animal Kingdom. On the website though there is a full list of restaurants you can use it in.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Staying onsite next year so, like many others, am looking for budget ideas for eating out.

Have heard the Landrys card mentioned but have no idea what it is... do you have to pay for it? Where do you use it?

Tia
The other major one for theme parks in Orlando is Bubba Gumps on CityWalk.
Aside from the theme parks, there are loads of steak houses and seafood restaurants.

We got the card last August and, not only saved money, but you also get Priority Seating. It came in really handy.
Old 26 Jun 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tabbycat View Post
You buy a card for $25 but this is then credited to your account. You can also say your birthday in in the month you travel and get another $25 in that month but you cant use both credits at the same time. The restaurants you can use the card at are T rex, yak and yeti and rainforest cafe. You dont need a reservation as waving your card gives you priority. Hope this helps.
Yes. I used mine at Yak and Yeti last year. I went there about 1.00 on a Sunday, I didn't have a reservation. The lobby was overflowing and I got seated in 5 minutes 😀

Edited at 04:13 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We haven't found that it's particularly cheap but you cannot "overegg" how valuable that ability to get seated is! We've seen guests advised of 2-3 hour waits & been seated in under 15 mins & most of that was queuing to get to the desk!
Used my "special" birthday credit at Bubba Gumps last year & I think the meal cost about $35
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

As with other posters - the ability to walk up - without a reservation - and be given the next available table (if they are being strict on the rules, for up to 6 people) is priceless. The financial stuff is just frippery really - as with any loyalty card.

Bubba Gump for us at Easter had a wait of at least 45 min. With a Landry Card we walked to the LSC desk outside, and were walked straight in.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thanks all. I'll have a look at the restaurants on the website.

Apart from Bubba Gumps, we've already been to the others quoted.
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Where it is great, & if you can use the $25 all the better, is that walk up ability, I've already mentioned the wait times but where we find it really useful- Those nights where you have nothing booked, can't make your mind up & it's all a last minute thing & just want food IYKWIM For us a stroll across bridge at SSR, pick either T-Rex or Rainforest- near enough same food, different theme- & tbh the food is nowhere near as bad as some critics would have you believe! Noisy yes but I wouldn't say that we have ever had a bad meal.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Shooby, I remember the food at both these restaurants being really good!