Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Balance due email has arrived. Decision time

Just had my balance due email for upcoming October trip. What’s my options. Can I ask for a refund or rebook for 2021. We could of had a refund in June but hedged our bets on the USA opening up if Covid clear. Obviously that’s unlikely. Has anyone else followed this route and which option did you choose.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Just had my balance due email for upcoming October trip. What’s my options. Can I ask for a refund or rebook for 2021. We could of had a refund in June but hedged our bets on the USA opening up if Covid clear. Obviously that’s unlikely. Has anyone else followed this route and which option did you choose.
You haven't said who you are travelling with if it is a BA Holiday they have reduced their balance due date to 3 weeks beforehand. If travelling with Virgin Holidays or Tui you would need to check with them if they have done something similar or perhaps a DIBB member in a similar situation may be able to advise.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Spoke with Virgin Holidays yesterday about our 14th Nov holiday. I wanted to move to same dates in 2021. As I am voluntary moving it the price went up £350 plus not sure how much Disney tickets will go up to.😐
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Sorry it's my accimidation only with Disney direct.my bad
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We rescheduled with Disney for our trip in July and moved it 2021. They were really helpful with going through options when we phoned them. It is a tough decision to make, but when we rescheduled, it took a lot of the uncertainty away.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
In theory & I say this that under normal conditions you would lose your deposit for cancelling or you will be charged an amendment fee for moving it but currently ? At this stage, however unlikely we all know it is,you can in theory still go - I think it's 30 days for FCO advice, & of course WDW is open so it is your choice to cancel/move IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How likely is it that the USA will be letting people in by then? I assume highly unlikely!

Who are you flying with? I thought all flights had been cancelled until November anyway...

Personally, I'd delay until same time next year or cancel and get a refund (assuming these are options).
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

I’m in the same boat , hotel booked with Virgin holidays and balance now due, but flight and car booked with BA not due til October 15th.

Do I pay hotel balance now ? ( or move to another date and hopefully move flights too?)
Trying to think of how not to lose £650 deposit by just cancelling

It was all booked pre Covid so my insurance seems to cover it

No sure what to do at all, advice welcome
Old 18 Aug 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Personally I would get a refund and rebook next year nearer the time. You might not get the deposit refunded at this point but hopefully will.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Disney have refunded me all of my balance including deposit. I had confirmed their offer when dining was cancelled and amended my dates from 10nts to 5. But when BA cancelled my flights I rang Disney and cancelled. Received full refunded within a week.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List