Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile Kids knocking the door

We have had issues with children in the street for a while. They are quite young, between 5-10 years old (some may be younger) they play in the road and quite a few times have almost been run over, we’ve heard them shout and swear at drivers when asked not to play in road.
Over the last couple of weeks they have started knocking on our door almost daily, sometimes running away and other times trying to sell us old toys... this afternoon they asked if we had any money for the homeless!
I’ve had enough now, I’m working nights and it’s not fair that they keep knocking on our door all the time for no reason.
Because of the language (and I’ve heard the parents shouting in the streets before too) I’m not comfortable to raise this with the parents but I’m thinking of reporting it to our local council as surely this is anti-social behaviour?
Don’t get me wrong I have no issue with the kids playing outside but I feel the behaviour and language is unacceptable.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I'd ask the kids not knock again and suggest to them you speak to.their parents. If it continues them tactfully speak to the parents without mentioning the language. No one likes others being critical of their kids.

If you go to the council they'll ask why you've not tried yourself and it might just wind the neighbours up.more.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

I would threaten them with their parents and police if they knock again, I know that would have put the fear of god in me, and if a neighbour knocked at mine about my kids my kids wouldn’t be doing it again.

Edited at 06:04 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I would threaten them with their parents and police if they knock again, I know that would have put the fear of god in me, and if a neighbour knocked at mine about my kids my kids wouldn’t be doing it again.
Don’t think that works with kids of today
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would tell them off and if they come kept coming my dh would frighten them with one of his power tools and hopefully that would do it! That sounds creepy he wouldn’t actually hurt them!
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We have asked them to stop knocking the door we then get abuse and once when we asked them to stop knocking they then knocked and ran away (they do this quite often now).
It’s the same when they are asked not to play in the road, the language is awful that they use to the drivers.
I’m not comfortable to confront the parents as they are very loud, drink quite a lot and we’ve had issues with them drinking and then fighting and arguing in the street at all hours.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Hard one to deal with, wouldn’t be quick or easy, but could you ignore it.

If they don’t get a reaction they may get bored with trying.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Hard one to deal with, wouldn’t be quick or easy, but could you ignore it.

If they don’t get a reaction they may get bored with trying.
Have to agree, do you have a gate ?
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

No we don’t have a gate or fence, we live on a corner (which is why they target our house as it’s easy to run away and hide quickly) with a very small grassed area and a double drive at the side of the house so we couldn’t put a gate in as it wouldn’t work with the layout (hope that makes sense)
Honestly one day we tried ignoring them and they just carried on knocking and knocking louder and louder until we eventually had to answer, my husband didn’t speak and just shut the door and they then knocked and knocked again, he answered again and told them to stop knocking and they swore at him and said he was rude and then ran off!
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I am thinking of trying to remove the knocker as it’s a really loud brass one, it was already on the front door when we moved in and I’m not sure how difficult it will be to remove it as it’s very sturdy.
The thing is I don’t see why I should be having to do this because of their behaviour?!