Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Pixie Dust please -Positive !

My niece has started IVF treatment. Eggs were harvested this morning - 12 in total. Is this a good number ?

My brother was trying to explain it to me but I think he switched off when his daughter told him how the eggs were retrieved so he didn’t have much detail !

Can anyone tell me what happens now and when any fertilised eggs are implanted ?

We’re all excited 😍

Edited at 07:10 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

No idea, but best of luck with the next steps, which hopefully will result in a lovely baby. Xxxx
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yes I think 12 is quite a good number, but they will need to see how they fare.
Good luck
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I worked with someone who got twins by IVF. I think they freeze some eggs if they have too many.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

12 is a decent number if eggs - they will have to see how many actually progress to embryo stage though. Implantation is the next stage following successful fertilisation. Not all 12 wggs may fertilise and of those that do only the "healthiest" will be selected for transplant. Any embryos not transplanted can then be frozen for further attempts. My 3 yo niece is a result of the 2nd attempted transplant.
Fingers crossed for an equally successful outcome for your niece - it's not an easy road to be on.
Grumps Mrs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
My niece has started IVF treatment. Eggs were harvested this morning - 12 in total. Is this a good number ?

Her partner did his part (the problem is on his side) and now they’ve got to wait !

My brother was trying to explain it to me but I think he switched off when his daughter told him how the eggs were retrieved so he didn’t have much detail !

Can anyone tell me what happens now and when any fertilised eggs are implanted ?

We’re all excited 😍
Aww, good luck for them & I hope all goes well 💕💕is this your niece that is the Policewoman 🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Good luck to them, friends of mine have just had twins (6th attempt).
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yep my friends daughter had a baby girl and then two years later twin boys. A lovely family if slightly larger than initially expected.
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t think there is enough pixie dust I could send to those how are struggling with infertility. Poor Tink would have shaken fairy syndrome. Good luck and fingers and toes crossed
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Everything crossed for success. Twins in the family would be lovely!