Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
👀 is this sarcasm? I see so much craziness I can't even tell anymore.
Not it isn't sarcasm. That person is one of the forum's resident doom and gloomers, all his posts are like that.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked end of April but will move it to Sept then if not the following year, is nice to have something to focus on but I don't have as much enthusiasm as I normally do , anything could happen , I think we all need to have some positively😀
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Well seeing as it was only a vague dream of mine to go over Christmas 2021 a few days ago and since then I've reserved 14 nights inc Christmas Day and just reserved my Park Reservations for the fortnight, I'm beginning to think I am a little nuts, yes.

All subject to change of course. I wont be devastated if its delayed. I'll go with the flow.

I was really surprised I could link my booking on My Disney Experience today though...only booked it online on Friday late afternoon!
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s not really stress though is it? I mean most of us are going in with eyes wide open. This may not happen but it’s nice to hope that it will and plan for it.
Exactly , my flights have just been rebooked again for the third set of dates (started with this September , then moved to May , but we’ve now booked Corfu for June instead to have something with a bit of certainty to it so flights are now rebooked for next August at an excellent fare . I booked knowing I have change options at no cost , eventually we will get there but I’m not stressing.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Things are unlikely to be much different next year than they are this year. This is the new normal.
Vaccinations started in China so let’s hope 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
May as well cancel all 2021 trips and I certainly wouldn't be booking anything. - Not going to happen. Happy for you to quote me at a later date.
Think 2022 guys & don’t put yourself through the stress 👍
With vaccinations now started let’s hope
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Vaccinations started in China so let’s hope 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
They started in Russia in June but I doubt anybody here would volunteer for one!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
They started in Russia in June but I doubt anybody here would volunteer for one!
To be fair, if a vaccine developed by another country passed our testing I probably wouldn’t even know who developed it. I have no idea who developed the flu jag I got a couple of weeks ago.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

Like so many others we have a 2020 trip rebooked to 21, paid deposit only. 2 weeks Yacht Club, but no dining unlike when we booked. No idea if we’ll end up going. For me wearing masks walking round the parks would be a reason to move or cancel. We’re going on August and with the heat, that’s my line in the sand. Wearing in shops or travelling as at home will be routine by then, but walking outside with them doesn’t appeal, given the expense of the trip. Glad no decisions needed till the balance is payable in May.
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don't think anyone is nuts to want to have something to look forward to. We need something in this climate of doom and gloom. Personally, we hadn't planned to go next year anyway, even before all this Covid-19 nightmare, and had always thought of 2022, or 2023 if absolutely necessary.

For those that are going in 2021, they just need to weigh up what it's costing them versus their personal enjoyment of it. Some won't be bothered by masks, some don't have kids so the wrestle you spoke of initially wouldn't be a factor. Some don't go especially for the parks (we're more about the food now!). It just depends what you want to get out of the holiday. If it all still ticks your boxes, even with masks, then I would say, get your planning hats on and go for it!

Edited at 04:29 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List