Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rickycpk89
Gone all Goofy

Virgin Flights via Klm Air Miles

I have booked my flight for next August via lastminute.com, its Klm operated but actually a virgin flight direct from Manchester. All very confusing and can't work out if I get checked baggage or not. Also does anyone know if I can claim virgin miles from this flight?
Thanks
Rickycpk89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayefour
Dancing with Tink'

If you login to your virgin account you can add your booking reference. It should find the flight and add your points. Although you should be able to book your seats (which is a loophole) I am guessing baggage will not be included.
Ayefour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rickycpk89
Gone all Goofy

Excellent thanks, I'll try and sort that out!
Rickycpk89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

When booking via KLM for flights operated by Virgin (in Economy) you get offered Light, Standard or Flex fares. These map over to what Virgin refer to as Economy Light, Economy Classic & Economy Delight.

As with a Economy fare booked direct with Virgin, neither KLM or Virgin Economy light get checked baggage included.

I've done Virgin Upper Class on an Air France codeshare last year & the baggage allowance was based on Air France's policy, so only 2x32kg bags, as opposed to the 3x32kg bags I'd have got with a direct Virgin booking. (Virgin have since dropped the Upper Class allowance to 2 checked bags).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi, I’ve booked KLM (x2 pieces cabin luggage only) and fly with Virgin on codeshare also through last minute.com. When I log on to virgin site it shows as economy classic. A few others who booked the bargain flights a couple of weeks ago on air France / KLM codeshare have said the same. It allowed me to reserve seats at no cost and says I have economy classic baggage allowance. However, I found a couple of threads saying this is a known glitch and people have been charged for bags at the airport. I’ll turn up and see what happens but will expect to pay for case at airport.

Edited to say I didn’t use miles

Edited at 09:32 PM.
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

I booked same with lastmnute and logged into my virgin account but I’m defo lite package so need to book seats and pay for them but considering how much they were can live with that easy to add booking to ur virgin account
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rickycpk89
Gone all Goofy

[QUOTE=merlinsmum;14687206]Hi, I’ve booked KLM (x2 pieces cabin luggage only) and fly with Virgin on codeshare also through last minute.com. When I log on to virgin site it shows as economy classic. A few others who booked the bargain flights a couple of weeks ago on air France / KLM codeshare have said the same. It allowed me to reserve seats at no cost and says I have economy classic baggage allowance. However, I found a couple of threads saying this is a known glitch and people have been charged for bags at the airport. I’ll turn up and see what happens but will expect to pay for case at airport.

Thanks for this, when logging into Virgin it says I am economy classic, which means if direct with Virgin i would get baggage allowance, but when reading the baggage information page it says if i booked codeshare flights and the flight number doesn't begin with VS (mine begins KL) you have to refer to the airline baggage policy. Happy to pay at the gate if the price is the same then online in advance as it is with Virgin but don't think this is the case with KLM! Now expecting to pay and don't mind paying just don't want to pay a premium price at the airport.

Thanks for all the information everyone