Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 15, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lozzy99
Trading Disney Pins

Christmas and new year in Florida?

Hi,
We've just started thinking of spending next Christmas and new year in Orlando but don't know much about it at this time of year.
Can anyone that's been give me any info ie: crowds, weather, prices?
Thanks x
lozzy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Super busy
Parks are regularly at capacity it's the busiest time of the year for Disney worse than easter.

If you've been loads of times then it could be fun but if you want a good park experience I would go at another time of year
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lozzy99
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks.
We last went in August so have seen it busy.
lozzy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozzy99 View Post
Thanks.
We last went in August so have seen it busy.
August is extremely quiet compared to Christmas!
Old 1 Jan 15, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCullen
Apprentice Imagineer

MrsCullen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Its a magical time but you need to be extremely organised with FP and ADRs, and I defiantly wouldn't recommend a disney park on christmas day.. we always escape to DC!
2010, All Star Music
2012, All Star Music
2014, Caribbean Beach
MrsCullen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Having read a post on here earlier about Epcot at New Year, I'd give it a wide berth then
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

We were there last Christmas and NY and it was fab but really busy! As others have said, make sure you make ADRs and book your fast passes for disney.

I'd also recommend staying on site at both disney and universal. For example, 2nd of Jan the queue for the dispicable Me ride was 120 - we were on it in 15 minutes with the express passes.

If we went again I'd avoid Epcot on NYE - it was absolutely rammed!
Leyfy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

We went Xmas 2012 and I had to persuade my family to go. We expected it to be the first and last time. We all loved it so much we went back again last year. Next year we're going Oct/Nov to get a taste of both Halloween and Xmas but thinking of going back Xmas 2016.

We don't like crowds and won't wait more than 20 minutes for a ride but we managed to avoid these.

I wrote trip reports each year if you want to take a loo below. If you have specific questions pm me.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
Having read a post on here earlier about Epcot at New Year, I'd give it a wide berth then
Not read that thread yet but my DD likes to play a "ride wait time guessing game" using the wait times live section of the Dibb. Yesterday evening, around 5p.m. Florida time, Test Track was showing as... 300 mins . 5 hours in line for admittedly a very good ride but who would queue that long for it?

I'm sure the parks and the atmosphere are lovely over the Christmas/New Year period but the wait times and premium pricing would make me think long and hard about going.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

We've spent the previous two years in Florida for Christmas, our biggest mistake was going to the sales on Boxing Day. We already avoid the parks Christmas Day but have pretty much gone every other day and whilst they are busy we found them manageable. Last nye we went to DC and a year ago today we renewed our wedding vows in the morning then spent the afternoon/evening at MK.

Our last trip we found alternative routes to avoid traffic on the 192 and I4, in fact we didn't sit in a single traffic jam. Christmas is our favourite time in Orlando and we have missed it this year.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread