Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

We haven't been to DLP for a few years now, but have been many times when our daughters were younger, and some of my most magical memories are from there.
The ice skating rink outside Hotel New York.
Hearing my daughters first sentence in the little farm at Davey Crockett Ranch 'look, chicken'
The huge log fire in Sequoia Lodge
Seeing my other daughter perform with her dancing school on the Festival Stage.
Hearing Belle from Beauty and the Beast talking in her native French.
Dashing out of the cold for a hot chocolate on Main Street.
We love the sun of Florida, but a chilly winters day can have a magic of its own. It's a great advantage when staying at a Disney hotel in DLP that you are actually 'on site' all the time and can walk down and straight into the parks (OK, quite a long walk.)
It's a shame if the park is getting run down, and I agree that the lack of queuing is awful, but to a large extent you make your own magic.
Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 12, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post

We've visited DLP in mid November for the past 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The park is quieter (except on weekends), we use the EMH to get Space Mountain and Buzz out of our systems and use FastPass whenever necessary. Its also a magical time as the park decoration changes to a winter/Xmas theme and looks fantastic. The food is changable, Timon and Pumbas was the nicest in our opinion especially the spicy potato wedges.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
alanda
Very Serious Dibber

We 1st went to DLP in the 5th anniversary year and stayed in Sequoia Lodge. It was fantastic. We returned a year later and stayed in Newport Bay - not as good as Sequoia Lodge but no real problems.

We returned in 2004 and stayed in Hotel Cheyenne. This trip was a huge disappointment for many of the reasons already commented on here. No queuing system, rude guests, rude CMs, free-for-all at breakfast buffet - none of the Florida magic.

We complained but got no joy.

I have heard James and Mel so often now saying it's good, all these great things are happening, and sometimes I am tempted to try again. But it's too much money to risk I'm afraid so we won't go back there.
Cypress Pointe Resort 2011
Southern Dunes 2019
alanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

What a shame about all these people missing the magic of DLP.

We have only been twice so maybe we are still new to it but we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves each visit.

- We found all the cast members extremely helpful, we even took pictures of them (with permission) so we can remember how helpful they are/were.

- I have never seen a rat at DLP.

- Counting both my visits I have only ever seen a couple of people smoking and always away from everybody which I thought was very considerate of them.

- I think both of the parks are very well presented and maintained. I did have issues with the loo's in the Studio's but now I know they use recycled water it makes sense. They were not visibly unclean at all.

- The only place I saw litter on the floor was as you walk through the main entrance and there were park maps on the floor. I think this is because the bottom of the 'shelves' are open and the maps slip straight through if there is not many. (spoken from experience as I grabbed too many maps once, went to put them back in the slot and they fell to the floor. I picked them up.)

We will probably never make it to Florida as I would find it very difficult to justify spending that many thousands of pounds for a Disney experience, it does look lovely though I'm not sure I would like the gushy sucky uppy niceness I've heard about for over there, I think it would make me uncomfortable.

We can go to DLP (which we adore) for much less than £1k. Even less when we self drive next year.
Old 15 Nov 12, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

I would say save up and go to WDW Cherrypie3. It is worth the hassel. The service is not too over done.
Try and get to DLP for the 20th celebrations it is cool.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Click image for larger version

Name:	DLP 2011 110.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	44612 click on pic

We saw a rat at DLP
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
I would say save up and go to WDW Cherrypie3. It is worth the hassel. The service is not too over done.
Try and get to DLP for the 20th celebrations it is cool.
I agree the 20th Celebrations are fantastic, we've been lucky enough to see them twice this year

I know my husband would like to go to Florida so maybe in a few years, I worry that I'll come back and make comparisons to DLP. I really love DLP and I love that it's so close so we can just get in the car and drive down in less than half a day.
Old 15 Nov 12, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Attachment 44612 click on pic

We saw a rat at DLP
Aw damn I didn't even see him!
Old 15 Nov 12, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Never, never,never try to compare DLP to WDW. They are NOT the same. They were each created for totally different markets. Doing DLP does not have to be expensive. There are plenty of "partner" hotels if you find onsite accommodation beyond your budget.
Old 15 Nov 12, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

A couple of months ago the Disney hotels in DLP had some great offers for November/December, buy 2 nights, stay for 4. My daughter and friends nearly booked but decided to go to Berlin instead - it takes all sorts.

Jill
Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread