Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 16, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
Hi all,
Are most people staying during the marathon weekend as a package?

We had Fantasy AP's but the marathon is now a "blackout" day (crafty so and so's!) so now we have to buy Dream AP's. Thats over £500! We would use them again but just be nosey on how people are staying. We are there Friday to the following Tuesday.

It's just two of us with hubby being the runner. We are booked off-site and have purchased (though not yet recieved) the Dream annual pass e tickets from Supertrips. We are there from Friday to Wednesday and the AP was still cheaper or similar to buying 5 or 6 days of Park hopper tickets. And hopefully we will go back for the celebrations next year.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 12:46 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanigor
I want to go now!

One month until the 5K!

I am looking forward to this as everyone in my travel group as well as other friends we are meeting up with at DLP are all registered to do this event. We did a 5K at Animal Kingdom together a few years back, ranging fast to slow, novice to well seasoned. It made an event which is usually fun in an of itself even more enjoyable to share with friends.

Can't wait to share the fun in month with friends, both new and old!
jeanigor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanigor
I want to go now!

I just got an email telling me it was time to print my vouchers!
jeanigor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Got mine too

2 emails from runDisney with my 5k & half bibs

1 email from sports tours with general info for the weekend

Can't believe how close it is now! Just hope the start isn't too crazy without official coral placements :o
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Originally Posted by tinker82 View Post
Got mine too

2 emails from runDisney with my 5k & half bibs

1 email from sports tours with general info for the weekend

Can't believe how close it is now! Just hope the start isn't too crazy without official coral placements :o
Corral placements are assigned based on the time you gave on your registration form, and will be given out when you pick up your bib. They only needed proof for the corrals assigned to those claiming 1:30 (I think that was the time). Any who claimed that time, but didn't provide proof are who they were talking about when they said they would be assigned the last corrals

Hubby got his 5k and Half emails, but not an information email. He booked bib only though. Did you book a package?
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 03:06 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I could be wrong but I don't think you could enter a predicted time if you're not an elite? Hopefully I'm wrong as its nearly a year since we registered!
Most races I've done (other than Disney & Rock n Roll) let you choose your own start position & it worries me slightly that too many 16 min milers may head to the front & get in the way of faster runners. Time will tell & either way I'm bringing those medals home

We booked a package through Sports Tours & they sent me a 12 page pdf with weekend info!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
I could be wrong but I don't think you could enter a predicted time if you're not an elite? Hopefully I'm wrong as its nearly a year since we registered!
Most races I've done (other than Disney & Rock n Roll) let you choose your own start position & it worries me slightly that too many 16 min milers may head to the front & get in the way of faster runners. Time will tell & either way I'm bringing those medals home

We booked a package through Sports Tours & they sent me a 12 page pdf with weekend info!
It was on the registration form where you entered your tshirt size and personal details and address info. Hubby entered bib only, and it was in the info pack that was emailed within a week after he entered. It had to be filled in and returned along with the medical form.

And i have seen an email response from the DLP run Disney to a member of his FB running group stating the corrals will be given at the expo.

If you didn't submit a form with your estimated finishing time or might be worth getting in touch with them by email, but that form was definitely a part of the requirement for entry. I know a few who got in touch to adjust their time recently when they realised during training their times woul be slower or faster than they submitted.

Here's the link to the registration firm site. The username and password were created and sent in the email that contained this link

registration-run.disneylandp...onsoles/login/

Also taken directly from an email from them:
"Proof of time: For runner’s safety and ease, we will set different corrals according to participants’ estimated finish time entered during registration phase.
A proof of time is only required for runners finishing a half marathon in less than 1:30 hours for corral placement (e.g. if you entered 2:00 hours estimated finish time on your form, you then do not need to provide any proof). Proof of time must be provided from a certified race, 10K or longer, reflecting results after May 1, 2015, and uploaded on your runner form. It will be subject to validation by the organization team.
More info about proof of time:
http://run.disneylandparis.com/practical-info/eligibility"

Edited at 08:47 AM.
Old 7 Sep 16, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

In that case I probably entered a time, as I say it was nearly a year ago so I've probably just forgotten lol
I'm not panicking about it - Disney isn't the place to run a fast time, it's about having a good time I just hope there aren't any accidents if walkers are blocking the paths for runners x
Old 7 Sep 16, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanigor
I want to go now!

I would hope that the paths are wide enough to accommodate multiple people and that the walkers don't walk four abreast, blocking the path (as is often an occurrence in stateside runDisney events).
Old 7 Sep 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
In that case I probably entered a time, as I say it was nearly a year ago so I've probably just forgotten lol
I'm not panicking about it - Disney isn't the place to run a fast time, it's about having a good time I just hope there aren't any accidents if walkers are blocking the paths for runners x
You probably did. Hubby completely forgot he had and only filled his in in Feb. He spent ages figuring out where he had logged in so he could find out if and what he'd put. That's how I knew there was.

And you're right, it's not about the time, he's just happy to finally be doing a run Disney event. None of the US ones are at a time that works for his schedule, so when this was announced on this side of the pond he was over the moon.

All the best!
Closed Thread