Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Aug 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How much to live in a Halls per week?

My dd will have £50 a week but of course we will help her and she has some money saved! She will get a job eventually, but £50 for food and drink seems a bit low. She doesn’t drink alcohol but of course that could change! Is this double? Thanks

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Our DD got £50 per week and she does drink. She managed fine with occasional top ups and big shops when have we visited. Also took her for a couple of trips to primark xx
Old 29 Aug 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sas View Post
Our DD got £50 per week and she does drink. She managed fine with occasional top ups and big shops when have we visited. Also took her for a couple of trips to primark xx
This is great
Old 29 Aug 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

DS had £50 a week last year, we transferred the money on a Sunday night. Some weeks he spent less which meant he had extra another week. We gave him lots of supplies of toiletries, toilet roll, groceries etc when we first took him down and then again after Xmas when he went back.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Sandra, there is no exact amount anyone can give because the quality of the food she eats will make a big difference to her budget, plus any coffees and food out etc. Toiletries add up as well, but in the main my son said £50 wouldn't be enough and he doesn't drink much alcohol.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

It's 6 years since my DD went to Uni so I don't remember exact figures, but it definitely wasn't more than £50 a week.

I'd also do a monthly Ocado shop for her, she was in London so did everything on foot, gave her a good food top up and saved her from carrying the bulky items.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sandra, there is no exact amount anyone can give because the quality of the food she eats will make a big difference to her budget, plus any coffees and food out etc. Toiletries add up as well, but in the main my son said £50 wouldn't be enough and he doesn't drink much alcohol.
She will live on pasta, choc au pains and cereal for breakfast but she has money in a savings account for an emergencies and every time she needs it we will help her with a food shop. My son was at home for first year of uni and had no money worries! She’s so used to using Uber and Deliveroo so that’s going to have to stop! 😁
I miss my mum for lots of reasons but especially her generosity, we called her The Bank of Ellen!
Old 29 Aug 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I had £25 for travel (London) and food. My loan covered my rent and nothing else. I worked and I kept £25 for travel and food and then saved the rest .

To be fair that’s not changed. We budget £200 a month for food, so still £25pppw!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 02:22 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Seem to remember DD tried to budget £45 a week (she left uni 2 yrs ago) as she was saving to travel when she finished. Her savings did mean she had access to more when necessary but I know she tried to keep within her budget.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

They can survive on less and will happily spend more. Student life is meant to be learning to live on beans on toast and deciding whether alcohol or food matters more!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List