Notices

Old 12 Sep 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Trying to get Covid test for my boy...

Hi all
I believe DS14 needs to be tested for Covid. Last night he was extremely lethargic and developed a sore throat. Today he has a temperature of 39 degrees and developed a cough as well as muscle aches and chills. He has been asleep all day.

This may well be where he has returned to school and the typical September germs but obviously I have a duty to all to eliminate Covid.

For the life of me, I cannot access any sort of test as there are no centres available.

I can't see how to get a home test either.

Any ideas please?

Thank you
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

jo williams's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry but no help but just to let you know your not alone, my SIL rang for a test and the nearest was Inverness she lives in Hertfordshire, she got a home test in the end. Keep trying the website, itís an absolute shambles.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I had to refresh the website a few times as it was glitchy before I got a time ... hope you get one soon
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi, Iíve been trying to get a test since Thursday for my DS15, finally managed to get one tonight for tomorrow although I have a 1 hour journey time there. I hope you manage to get a test soon and your DS feels better.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
Hi all
I believe DS14 needs to be tested for Covid. Last night he was extremely lethargic and developed a sore throat. Today he has a temperature of 39 degrees and developed a cough as well as muscle aches and chills. He has been asleep all day.

This may well be where he has returned to school and the typical September germs but obviously I have a duty to all to eliminate Covid.

For the life of me, I cannot access any sort of test as there are no centres available.

I can't see how to get a home test either.

Any ideas please?

Thank you
Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
Sorry but no help but just to let you know your not alone, my SIL rang for a test and the nearest was Inverness she lives in Hertfordshire, she got a home test in the end. Keep trying the website, itís an absolute shambles.
I feel the pain and frustration . I posted on another post about my grandson. Sent home from school beginning of week as full of cold and coughing, we were certain it was a touch of croup but school insisted on test. 119 for hours and no answer, online had nothing within 30 miles and offered us Inverness as well. Itís only 229 miles away !
They was a local site about 5 miles away so took a chance they wouldnít turn a child away, luckily they didnít. Annoying was the fact, loads of staff there and no one waiting, and we are in. Govt watch area.
Anyway test done Wednesday but result only arrived back this afternoon
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Very Serious Dibber

Hello, my brother tried to get one for his son and it took 24 hours before he could get one, he was constantly online, also his partner and just kept trying and trying until they got one

Also try your local Spotted page on Facebook , ask the question and lots of people will reply with different info where they managed to get one, where the pop up ones, if there are any walk ins in the area etc, might be worth a look

Hope you manage to get one soon for your son and he is feeling better soon
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Can you contact the school and see if they have been sent any?

Our school were sent some (not many).

I hope your DS feels better soon.
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

I hope he is ok and feels better soon xx

Iím told that there are releases of additional slots throughout the day so keep trying but also consider downloading the C19 app. My friend records on this daily and when she logged that she had a temp and cough she was contacted and arrangements made for her to get a postal test that came the following day

Stay well

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
Excited about Disney

Could this be part of why the virus is spreading - because people with symptoms are being asked to travel around all over the country and risk spreading it in order to find out if they have it? Incredible!
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I pass a test centre daily - Empty

With I tryed to book no test available

Not adding up
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List