Notices

Old 13 Sep 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dotb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
It was negative !
His mum was certain it would be as the cough was croup like ( and he had suffered from years ago). It was school that insisted on test because he coughed 3 times that morning.
We are all getting so paranoid now I feel
Thank goodness for that! Yes I think we are and unfortunately schools insisting on tests for kids with cold symptoms and whole years is not helping with peopleís feeling of panic. Something needs to change there.
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Thank goodness for that! Yes I think we are and unfortunately schools insisting on tests for kids with cold symptoms and whole years is not helping with peopleís feeling of panic. Something needs to change there.
I absolutely agree. As the nominated person who sends children home in my school to be tested itís really frustrating for me. I could almost guarantee that the 5 children Iíve sent home in past few days have got colds and nothing more. Unfortunately the guidance says we have to send them home with a persistent cough. Iím worried that if I donít Iím going to miss that one child out of all of the coughers who will test positive. Iím very stressed and understand completely how upsetting and annoying it is to have your child sent home with what looks just like a cold but I donít know what the solution is 🤷🏼 Just to add, one of the children I sent home was my own niece! It took 5 adults in my family two days of constant looking on the gov.uk website to get her a test. I felt like I was trying to get tickets to a Take That concert! The stress of trying to access testing is really making this horrible situation much much worse.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Iíve just got back from getting my DS tested. It took me 3 days to get a test. I didnít get the nearest test to me but had to drive 1 hour there and back. When I arrived I was the only car there! There were several bays as it was in a park and ride. The staff were all sitting on chairs in the sun, the gentlemen who done my sons test was very nice and I couldnít fault him but where was everyone else that needed testing. As I left 1 car came in.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I absolutely agree. As the nominated person who sends children home in my school to be tested itís really frustrating for me. I could almost guarantee that the 5 children Iíve sent home in past few days have got colds and nothing more. Unfortunately the guidance says we have to send them home with a persistent cough. Iím worried that if I donít Iím going to miss that one child out of all of the coughers who will test positive. Iím very stressed and understand completely how upsetting and annoying it is to have your child sent home with what looks just like a cold but I donít know what the solution is 🤷🏼 Just to add, one of the children I sent home was my own niece! It took 5 adults in my family two days of constant looking on the gov.uk website to get her a test. I felt like I was trying to get tickets to a Take That concert! The stress of trying to access testing is really making this horrible situation much much worse.
i understand totally where you are coming from and you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. You can't take that risk unfortunately.
I just posted on another thread that as of the 10th September there apparently was a backlog of 185,000 test samples.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Very Serious Dibber

I have just had an email from school, a Year 12 has Covid

My daughter is in a bubble with Year 12 and 13

They are taking the approach of only sending kids home that have been in close contact with the pupil so as far as I know my daughter will be in school tomorrow as we havenít been contacted

And this is one week into term...

Edie
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post

They are taking the approach of only sending kids home that have been in close contact with the pupil so as far as I know my daughter will be in school tomorrow as we havenít been contacted

Edie
A boy in my sonís tutor group rang us yesterday to say he has tested positive and his dad has emailed the school. We havenít heard anything from school yet. DS has apparently had quite close contact with him as they were partnered for PE. I feel very sorry for DS if his form do have to self isolate for 14 days. He has only had a week of being out of a two week quarantine from holiday to France. Like you I knew this was a possibility but didnít expect it after just one week
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

My daughter has just told me the girl she walks home with has a cough & a temperature.

It feels like sooner or later everyone with a child in school will be affected with some sort of isolation.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post

Edie
at last - a school with a sensible approach.
Old 13 Sep 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
at last - a school with a sensible approach.
Not sure what you mean by this? Are you assuming that most other schools are acting irresponsibly and doing whatever they like?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Not sure what you mean by this? Are you assuming that most other schools are acting irresponsibly and doing whatever they like?
No I am suggesting that only sending home pupils that have been in close contact is far more sensible than the schools that are sending whole year groups home and asking for them to be tested - just because they have 1 or 2 suspected cases..or the schools that are still insisting two weeks away even if they get a negative test result.

All of which you can read about on here.