Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Sep 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

The Quest For Toad - The No Queues Trip 2019 - Day 14: Park Hopping (Planning on the fly)

It's here.

The final full day of our holiday.

And, my God, how fantastic it's been! I'd never expected THE PLAN to work so well.

Inevitably, today is the day where THE PLAN (trusted and successful though it was) is unceremoniously binned.

We've learned that waterpark days, a great success when the kids were younger, are significantly less of a priority nowadays. Which means that Typhoon Lagoon - the original plan for today - has been swapped out.

We'd like to do Animal Kingdom again. Flight of Passage was a great success for all.

We'd like to get onto Buzz Lightyear again over at Magic Kingdom. One of The Lad's favourite rides, and he's behaved so well, he deserves a bonus go. And Magic Kingdom was a big success on Day 1; it's the furthest in the past already.

We'd like to see a fireworks show as well, and EPCOT is well and truly on the list.

Accordingly, I've had to replan on the fly to somehow incorporate all of those elements. Let's see how it goes.

We're up early, once again. We're going to have to get moving quickly if we're going to make all this work. I'm playing with the My Disney Experience App and getting things sorted for Animal Kingdom. Breakfast in the villa and we're off!

It's already a scorcher of a day at Animal Kingdom and we're in as it opens. We've got Flights of Passage mid-morning, so we're straight to Expedition Everest. Childswap allows for all of us except The Lad (who'd rather not) to go on.

The Childswap place to wait is by the lagoon, which is quite nice.

Some ice-creams and we hurry over to Pandora, getting our go on Flights of Passage. Two for two, so far. We missed out most of Dinoland on our first trip to Animal Kingdom; I've managed to snag Fastpasses for Dinosaur! but not for a while yet. We take in the theming of Pandora, which is superb.

We then head over to Dinoland and take it in, before heading for the ride.

One last look around, saying farewell for a few more years (both happy and sad simultaneously), and we're off towards Magic Kingdom.

Tap. Grab. Modify. Words to live by. I've already got us Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear, and quite frankly, getting to Magic Kingdom in time for these and using them will make today at least 90% spot on (we're going to be able to get to the fireworks at EPCOT without too much hassle, after all).

It's cutting it a bit fine, but we make it. The clouds are looking ominous (it's now early afternoon), but we're already at Buzz Lightyear... and it's on a hold, for some reason.

Well, our Fastpasses will remain valid (or can be cashed in or swapped), so we grab hotdogs just outside at the Lunching Pad and wait, crossing our fingers... and it's repaired!

(Everyone's really concentrating in the photos - it's amazing how seriously we all take it! Except maybe DD2, who's very casual about it all)

We wander down Main Street and weigh up going elsewhere in Magic Kingdom before deciding we've achieved so much already.

Off to Ponderosa's for an early dinner to get set up for the evening, and then to EPCOT.

It's beautiful in the darkness of the evening sky (night falls quickly)

We go on Soarin' (an easy tap, grab, modify on MDE) and a Disney photographer gets a couple of snaps of us as we get ready to head further in.

Once around the lagoon for some more shopping and a final diet coke float at the Outpost, before we stake a claim to a spot for the fireworks.

It's almost the final ever showing of Illuminations (a new show will come soon).

The fires are lit.

The ball of the Earth starts floating out.

And we watch the fireworks on our last night in Orlando.

That was a far more successful short-notice plan than I'd expected. A hundred percent success, and we're back to the villa, where we're almost packed up and ready to go already. But what a holiday it's been - and we've still got a full morning left tomorrow before we (DW, DD2, The Lad, and myself) have to head for the airport.

Edited at 11:42 AM.
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous last day, you certainly made the most of the day! Love a bit of Park hopping 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a great day ... what a great trip ... what great memories
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Another fab day. Good spot for the fireworks.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant last day

Joan
Old 17 Sep 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

A lot done in one day, good use of tap, etc etc 🤪
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List