Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jul 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Hotels.com non refundable room

Hi, we have 2 non-refundable rooms in Miami booked for October totalling £800 booked with hotels.com.
Our flydrive has not been cancelled yet, but we will be cancelling as the balance for the holiday is due this week and we decided we’re not paying it.
Does anyone know if Hotels.com are offering any concessions under the current circumstances or if the travel ban is not lifted by the date we are due to stay?
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thaken from there website

Please review this article before you contact us. This information will help you determine which policies apply to your reservations and provide you with next steps.
Hotels

Many of our travel partners continue to review and update their policies. You may be able to cancel your upcoming hotel reservation with no penalty and receive a full refund. Check your reservation in Your bookings to see if a cancellation penalty will apply.
How to cancel your hotel:
Try this first: Go to Your bookings
Access your booking and follow the instructions to cancel your booking
Cancel using Chat
Use the blue Chat Now button at the top of this page
The virtual agent will guide you through the process of cancelling your booking and can answer other questions you may have.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Thaken from there website

Please review this article before you contact us. This information will help you determine which policies apply to your reservations and provide you with next steps.
Hotels

Many of our travel partners continue to review and update their policies. You may be able to cancel your upcoming hotel reservation with no penalty and receive a full refund. Check your reservation in Your bookings to see if a cancellation penalty will apply.
How to cancel your hotel:
Try this first: Go to Your bookings
Access your booking and follow the instructions to cancel your booking
Cancel using Chat
Use the blue Chat Now button at the top of this page
The virtual agent will guide you through the process of cancelling your booking and can answer other questions you may have.
Ours is non-refundable, so when I click cancel it just says no refund due. Just wandered if anyone had any better luck for non-refundable rooms departing in last couple of months?
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

If it was me I'd ask Hotels.com the question.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

I have found hotels.com easy to deal with. We should be having our first day in Malaga today in an apartment, paid in full last November-non refundable room. Hotels.com contacted the hotel on our behalf and tried to negotiate a refund-unsuccessfully. We were offered a change of dates to be used by the end of the year, but we could not use them. Hotels.com cancelled the booking and sent us a separate email advising they had unsuccessfully asked for a refund. I’m now claiming through the insurance for the room. 🤞

We are also flying into Miami in October, flights paid in full 🤦. Like you, also hoping this is cancelled.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
DisneyArab is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I didn’t book with hotels.com but with Expedia for this summer. I had a hotel booked for Paris (that was non refundable) and was then meant to be going to Disneyland Paris. Not that we wanted to go in June but our outbound flight was cancelled anyway. Despite not being able to get to Paris, the hotel was still open so therefore not cancelled and so we were not eligible for a refund. To be fair to Expedia they contacted the hotel and explained the circumstances but the hotel said no to providing a refund. To them they were still providing the service, it wasn’t their fault that we couldn’t get there to use the service. We were offered a voucher to use at that hotel within the next 12 months so have booked to go in April with Disneyland after. We contacted insurance and credit cards to see if they could refund the hotel money but both said as a voucher was offered they couldn’t refund the money. Hopefully hotels.com will be different but that was my experience. From what Expedia said it seemed to be up the hotel if they were willing to give a refund and unfortunately ours wasn’t. Lesson learned for the future, pay more for the free cancellation as you never know what can happen.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
I didn’t book with hotels.com but with Expedia for this summer. I had a hotel booked for Paris (that was non refundable) and was then meant to be going to Disneyland Paris. Not that we wanted to go in June but our outbound flight was cancelled anyway. Despite not being able to get to Paris, the hotel was still open so therefore not cancelled and so we were not eligible for a refund. To be fair to Expedia they contacted the hotel and explained the circumstances but the hotel said no to providing a refund. To them they were still providing the service, it wasn’t their fault that we couldn’t get there to use the service. We were offered a voucher to use at that hotel within the next 12 months so have booked to go in April with Disneyland after. We contacted insurance and credit cards to see if they could refund the hotel money but both said as a voucher was offered they couldn’t refund the money. Hopefully hotels.com will be different but that was my experience. From what Expedia said it seemed to be up the hotel if they were willing to give a refund and unfortunately ours wasn’t. Lesson learned for the future, pay more for the free cancellation as you never know what can happen.
Hotels.com didn’t put in their email that we were offered a change of dates - I had heard that insurance companies wouldn’t pay out if this was offered. I hope we don’t have any issues. But yes, like you will only book free cancellation from now on. We usually do, but there was such a price difference in booking a free cancellation and non refundable for our apartment, we chose the (much) cheaper option. Definitely a lesson learned x
DisneyArab is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We booked a hotel through hotels.com with tesco vouchers. It was a non refundable heathrow hotel room. £165 Hotels.com refunded our taxes of £30. and have since emailed us a code for the remainder to use as a goodwill gesture up until Dec 2022.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
Hotels.com didn’t put in their email that we were offered a change of dates - I had heard that insurance companies wouldn’t pay out if this was offered. I hope we don’t have any issues. But yes, like you will only book free cancellation from now on. We usually do, but there was such a price difference in booking a free cancellation and non refundable for our apartment, we chose the (much) cheaper option. Definitely a lesson learned x
Hopefully you have better luck with insurance. They didn’t seem to take into account that our flight had been cancelled and back in June in Scotland we were still in firm lockdown and shouldn’t have been travelling but it made no difference. We were offered a voucher as an alternative so weren’t losing the money so insurance wouldn’t pay out. Same with credit card company. We had no choice but to use the voucher and rebook which was really annoying as all three people in my group are teachers so opportunities to go were limited. Not to mention the hotel was dearer so had to pay an additional amount 🙄 however there are worse things than having to go to Paris.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
Hopefully you have better luck with insurance. They didn’t seem to take into account that our flight had been cancelled and back in June in Scotland we were still in firm lockdown and shouldn’t have been travelling but it made no difference. We were offered a voucher as an alternative so weren’t losing the money so insurance wouldn’t pay out. Same with credit card company. We had no choice but to use the voucher and rebook which was really annoying as all three people in my group are teachers so opportunities to go were limited. Not to mention the hotel was dearer so had to pay an additional amount 🙄 however there are worse things than having to go to Paris.
Hmm. Slightly panicking now. We are in Scotland too and the flight schedule isn’t resuming until August for our route. I wasn’t expecting the apartment to be refunded tbh. They have a business to run, they are open for business, not their fault we can’t get there. We genuinely couldn’t reschedule for this year or else we would have done so. Hope the insurance reimburses us 😬