Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Jagnew
Helping Donald
 
Jagnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 19
Location: Ayrshire
Villa owners not refunding money?

Anyone else finding villa owners not refunding money after being unable to fly this year? Our seem to have done a bunk and not returning emails or calls
Jagnew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Moorlandman
Imagineer
 
Moorlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15
Location: Staffs Moorlands

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My Dibb villa owner provided me with a full refund which was great and much appreciated however, I know many have not been so lucky.

If you can get an invoice or some sort of letter from the villa owner to prove you have paid then you could attempt to get this money back from your travel insurer.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Stardust5
Imagineer
 
Stardust5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 13

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We didnít get our deposit back and couldnít change the dates as they are selling the villa.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Moorlandman
Imagineer
 
Moorlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15
Location: Staffs Moorlands

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
We didnít get our deposit back and couldnít change the dates as they are selling the villa.
Not good. I think going forward people will book package holidays or other ways which offer protection. AirBNB etc
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
munmun
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by Jagnew View Post
Anyone else finding villa owners not refunding money after being unable to fly this year? Our seem to have done a bunk and not returning emails or calls
Have you read the terms and conditions of your rental. It is not the owners fault if the villa is available to you but you have through no fault of theres been unable to use it. You should be making an insurance claim
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
g1970
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
My villa owner initially wanted me to claim via insurance, however, when i checked the rental agreement, there was a clause about deposit refund in full if cancelling more than 8 week before arrival.

She refunded when i pointed this out but suffice to say, the rental agreement has now been changed.

I'd have been quite happy to rebook but the dates are not available for next year.

Have you paid in full or just a deposit? What does rental agreement say? As already mentioned, you may need to claim via your insurance
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Jagnew
Thread Starter
Helping Donald
 
Jagnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 19
Location: Ayrshire
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
My Dibb villa owner provided me with a full refund which was great and much appreciated however, I know many have not been so lucky.

If you can get an invoice or some sort of letter from the villa owner to prove you have paid then you could attempt to get this money back from your travel insurer.
I have proof of payment through VRBO.com and have just put in a claim to my insurance. Owner had agreed to move my booking to next July once I got flights sorted and has now stopped answering emails so I have to assume they are not going to honour their promise
Jagnew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Moorlandman
Imagineer
 
Moorlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15
Location: Staffs Moorlands

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Have you read the terms and conditions of your rental. It is not the owners fault if the villa is available to you but you have through no fault of theres been unable to use it. You should be making an insurance claim
A bit harsh. All hotels, airport parking have refunded whether they had to or not. Itís good business practice.

How many people would rebook with owners who have not provided any flexibility?

It would be useful if the Dibb could highlight owners that offer full cancellation protection. Most t&cís can run in to many pages
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
robrar
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jun 12
Location: London
The villa we booked (UK owner, but not a Dibb villa) was as flexible as they could be, offering free date changes and delaying the balance payment for as long as possible. Ultimately we couldn't make those arrangements work so I cancelled the booking and lost my deposit payment, which was absolutely reasonable and I don't have any complaints. We claimed the deposit payment back under our travel insurance, which was a full refund minus £40 excess.
robrar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Jagnew
Thread Starter
Helping Donald
 
Jagnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 19
Location: Ayrshire
Originally Posted by g1970 View Post
My villa owner initially wanted me to claim via insurance, however, when i checked the rental agreement, there was a clause about deposit refund in full if cancelling more than 8 week before arrival.

She refunded when i pointed this out but suffice to say, the rental agreement has now been changed.

I'd have been quite happy to rebook but the dates are not available for next year.

Have you paid in full or just a deposit? What does rental agreement say? As already mentioned, you may need to claim via your insurance
We paid in full. I understand it is not the villa owners decision to shutdown the country but it makes my blood boil to think some are happily sitting back with god knows how much of renters money in their bank accounts and they think it is perfectly okay for them to keep it
Jagnew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2724
CaxtonFX  $1.2723
Covent Garden FX  $1.2844
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2729
M&S  $1.2532
Post Office  $1.2528
Sainsburys  $1.2696
TESCO  $1.2720
Travelex  $1.2669
Updated: 09:00 21/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0728
CaxtonFX  €1.0720
Covent Garden FX  €1.0880
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0734
M&S  €1.0573
Post Office  €1.0559
Sainsburys  €1.0710
TESCO  €1.0725
Travelex  €1.0700
Updated: 09:00 21/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now