Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Are uni rooms cleaned well?

I was wondering when I take my dd to halls do We have to give it a good clean or will it be cleaned well? Can’t bear the thought of her living in a dirty room with stained matress, dirty shower curtain etc! What are others experience?
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Bit like asking if hotel rooms are cleaned well, different unis will have different standards but all will need a deep clean before students can occupy this year as they have to follow Covid guidelines.
Most students are fairly lax with cleaning once in though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i would probably want to wipe the walls down myself as this is easy. Check the mattress for visible signs of dirt but maybe buy a mattress protector (or daughter protector) as an added layer.
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
My dd is pretty untidy but not dirty and she has a mattress protector and I have loads of anti bacterial wipes. I just thought the rooms must be up to a certain standard, can we change the shower curtain? Is that allowed? She has to be self isolating for a week In her room and I want to make sure she’s not going to try bolting home in the first week!
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Mobile

My sons wasn’t
It was all relatively newly fitted out but the furniture needed a good wash down.the flat hoover wasn’t very good and I soon realised the black carpet was matted withlong black hair .it was coming up in balls 🤮 once I got down on my hands and knees with the hand tools on the Hoover ! The office chair was the same .it clearly had never had a good hoover!
I did this cleaning discreetly and quietly while ds and his dad unpacked.in any other situation I would have complained straight away! but I didn’t want ds to feel uncomfortable staying there so I got stuck in and it was spotless when I’d done .
The mattress was brand new thank goodness! And the bathroom wasn’t too bad but of course I went over it .
Ds is s very clean and tidy lad he left the room in much better condition than he found it .
So it possibly depends on what type of person had had it previously. X
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Looks like I’m taking Henry for a ride to Southampton, we both wanted to take her in and then go for a meal but it looks like dh will have to wait elsewhere. I think the uni has extra cleaning but not sure about halls! 🤷
Old 15 Sep 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

DS room was pretty clean last year. We did have to give the shower a good clean as there was black mould along the bottom.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When DD moved in last year hers wasn’t too bad. I did just wipe over everything though as it just made me feel better. The mattress had a waterproof layer on top of it so I wiped that all down and put a mattress protector and topper on top of that. DD said the topper was the best thing that we bought as it made the mattress really comfy. The uni didn’t provide a shower curtain, we had to provide one, but again it depends what the uni policy is.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My best friends son arrived at Nottingham halls of residence and it was awful. He husband shot off to argos for a memory foam mattress because the one in the room stunk and was stained 🤢
Carpet had been cleaned and was still damp which also smelled so they wedged the door open and had the window open to try and air the room.
The shower cubicle was grimy and the shared kitchen had tacky/sticky floor.
So mum, dad & son spent the whole day cleaning and scrubbing!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My best friends son arrived at Nottingham halls of residence and it was awful. He husband shot off to argos for a memory foam mattress because the one in the room stunk and was stained 🤢
Carpet had been cleaned and was still damp which also smelled so they wedged the door open and had the window open to try and air the room.
The shower cubicle was grimy and the shared kitchen had tacky/sticky floor.
So mum, dad & son spent the whole day cleaning and scrubbing!
This sounds awful, can’t you turn around and say you want another room, because you have to pay to stay there! Oh god I’m dreading it being really bad.