Upside downs
Iron Gwazi 2
Sheikra 1
Tigris 1
Kumba 7

Total 68 upside downs

Real feel 41 today melting! 🥵

Steps 15k

It was a struggle to be up early this morning. It was definitely getting harder by the day, yet it’s not as if we were having crazy late nights, I’m pretty sure our light was out by 11pm. I’d say it’s an age thing but even Ds was asleep before me. I’ve been finding the Cabana Bay beds pretty comfy. I generally prefer a harder bed but I think it’s the topper that’s on these that is soft and the pillows are like clouds which I don’t normally like so much but these are good. Dh is not loving the beds quite as much. Too soft he says.

We ended up running late by the time we actually forced ourselves out of bed and into the shower. We ended up having some of the publix food in the room before we left. Pastries for them and yogurt with fruit for me. I didn’t even get my cup of coffee this morning.

Thankfully an Uber was available quite quickly for the usual $9 fare and we were at the bus stop at Icon Park for 8.40am. The coach left 5 minutes later and stopped another twice. Once at publix at Vineland and once in the Old Town.

Must have been quicker this morning as we were off the bus at Busch Gardens at 10.43am so just short of 2 hours. It was either due to the fact that we were earlier, it was a quieter day or they’d got their act together a bit but we didn’t need to walk practically the length of the car park in the blazing sun this time and managed to get straight in. In fact we were in the park 4 minutes after getting off the bus. This was much improved.

We actually had a plan today, I’d stuck to my guns and refused to plan the time here, even though the control freak in me was itching to do it, and as a result Ds and Dh had finally done some research and had actually come up with a pretty decent plan.

So Iron Gwazi was first up. We paid the $10 fee for the locker which meant you could move your stuff and use as many of the lockers as you wanted throughout the day.

This was the ride that was always going to be busy no matter what time we hit it and nobody wanted to leave it until the end of the in case a storm came rolling in. It showed 70 minutes but turned out to be 60. Dh ended up in the front row, with Ds and me in the second row. Omg this was intense. I love Velocicoaster but this makes it look tame. I screamed all the way around. Id have liked to have tried it for a second time but wouldn’t have been keen to wait in that length of line again when there was other things we really wanted to do.

We were desperate for a drink after this and reactivated the cup for the day for $5.99. It’s so much easier to find places to fill it at Busch Gardens than Seaworld.

Ds was loving Busch Gardens. All the animals interspersed with the coasters and he took loads of opportunities to see them as well as doing the rides. Next up Walk about way where there were wallabies and kangaroos. You could feed them and interact with them if you wanted. They were very cute.

We also walked through the aviaries on way round to Sheikra.

Sheikra was only a 20 minute wait and was excellent.

Next up Tigris - a crazier version of ice breaker. This was wild be really good as well. It took 30 minutes, the line was a bit disorganised and there seemed to be a massive group come into in the quick queue line when we were just about at the front but the guy filled all the areas from the standard line before putting them through. I heard one of the girls complaining and he said they’d only have to wait a few extra minutes and others had waited well past the time stated which had been 10 minutes when we joined the line. I’m never sure if these big tour groups have quick queue or are just told to use this line.

We were very conscious that there was still things left we wanted to do but we were starving so needed to stop for lunch.

As we were passing we did a bit of people watching at the splash bit of Sheikra. I remember when Tanzinika Tidal Wave was there and you always got a laugh watching people standing or crossing over the bridge getting absolutely soaked.

We went to the smokehouse this time, a much better quality lunch for me.

Brisket salad, it was nice.

Ds and Dh had the pulled pork sandwich each with waffle fries. They enjoyed it.

Ds had a slice of cheesecake.

Pretty pricey but it’s theme park prices.

There was a guy in the line to pay having a real go at the staff member on the till about the prices, she was like I’m really sorry but it is a theme park, I’ll pass on your comments, it’s hardly like she’s on commission.

After lunch Ds wanted to go and see the Orangutangs🦧 and tigers 🐅 before heading for our last big coaster to tackle, Kumba. It took 45 minutes and didn’t move quickly at all because there was only one car running. The line was boiling and it had said 20 minutes.

I kept seeing people in the ride lines with alcohol, sometimes the same person with different drinks. No judgement on the drinking but these coasters are really intense and I’m not quite sure my tummy would have coped with that.

Ds kept himself amused the lines today with an app called puzzledom and proudly announced he’d completed 150 levels of number link while in line for Tigris and Kumba. He also quickly said I couldn’t complain because after all it was educational and good for his maths and logic - teenagers!

Ds and Dh had been good with the planning and now wanted to go and see the Komodo dragons but it turned out they were actually in the ride line for the rapids which was busy and we had no intention of riding so that was a no go.

Next up the safari train. The guy driving and doing the chat obviously adored his job, he was really funny and entertaining, you see loads and we were throughly enjoying this until bad weather was incoming and they needed to stop the train at the back of the park and we all needed to get off.

At least it was a bit later this time when everything shut down. About 5pm. We were happy we’d at least ridden everything we wanted to once between the 2 days.

It was them time for Dh to seek out the free beers. keeps him happy! And ds got a pretzel dog. $12

There was bits and bobs appearing around the park for their howl o scream.

Ds insisted we go and see the giant tortoises. He loved them. They were pretty cute to be fair. We also stopped off to see a few other animals.

Last thing to do was a wee bit of shopping. Ds was liking the vintage ride postcards so he picked some out that we will frame for him.

We left and were on the bus by 7pm, still no rain and it left right out 7.15pm. It was very stormy on our way back, although I ding think I’ve ever travelled back from Busch Gardens without it being stormy.

No discussion about where we were going for tea, Shake Shack! Although Ds dared to suggest we just go to the food court, eh no! It was heaving and the line was all the way up towards the seating area but it didn’t take too long to order but it was then another 20 minutes for the food, I was starving!

My fav, smoke shack double burger in a lettuce wrap and a water for me.

Bourbon cheddar bacon burger for Dh with a strawberry milkshake

Single smoke shack burger for Ds with a vanilla shake.

They also shared bacon cheddar fries.

It was heaving and we were starving. All good.

We ordered an Uber, $9 with a 10 minute wait.

Finished the night off with the closest I’ll get to a cocktail. 😂
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishbelle
Trying for More Ears

Really enjoying reading along👍. We are not long back from a week at Cabana Bay and found many of your Universal tips in your last trip report really helpful! This time you are helping postpone post holiday blues 😁
Scottishbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Aww thanks Scottishbelle. How was your trip? Ours feels like an age ago already.
Old 16 Aug 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great stuff.

I really like your style of reporting!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishbelle
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Aww thanks Scottishbelle. How was your trip? Ours feels like an age ago already.
A distant memory now, but brilliant thanks! Used early entry and then back to the parks in the evening mostly. Used the Itrolley during the day for shopping/ eating and had a wee visit to Disney Springs too 😊
Scottishbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you all had a good day

Joan
Old 19 Aug 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Great stuff.

I really like your style of reporting!
Thanks for reading.

I’m at the one word notes now trying to cobble them into coherent sentences😂

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you all had a good day

Joan
Thanks Joan. Great day a definite highlight for Ds.
Old 27 Aug 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I haven't been to Bush Gardens in 13 years- love reading how you got on

Edited at 10:38 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I haven't been to Bush Gardens in 13 years- love reading how you got on
I’d totally recommend a visit. It had been 21 years since we had been. I’ve read a lot of negative reports about it but if you have coaster fans and animal fans it’s brilliant.

Have you got it included in your discovery cove ticket next time?
Old 28 Aug 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Seems like your DH and DS came up with a good plan for Busch in the end and the rain held off so you could get a good mix of rides and seeing the animals. Love the photo of your DH with the beer! He looked like he was enjoying himself.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List