Notices

Old 27 Feb 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What an amazing pre trip report, good to hear about the upgrade to The Beech Club after the issues at SSR.😎
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It sounds like a great trip! We flew into Tampa just over two weeks ago and immigration was pretty quick to get through, much better than Orlando
I'm glad it went smoothly for you. I'm hoping for the same as I'm sure the kids will have us feeling a bit fragile after the flight
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MikeH23 View Post
What an amazing pre trip report, good to hear about the upgrade to The Beech Club after the issues at SSR.😎
Thank you. It was a stressful couple of days but ended well... I still check MDE regularly in case there are any more surprises lurking!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I'm glad it went smoothly for you. I'm hoping for the same as I'm sure the kids will have us feeling a bit fragile after the flight
I know the feeling! We were travelling with 9, 6 and nearly 2 year olds, we were waved very quickly through customs I think because we had two children crying by that point! Hopefully immigration will go smoothly for you, we were the only international flight there at that time so much easier than orlando
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It looks like you're going to have an absolutely awesome once in a lifetime holiday...or is it the start of an obsession as it is for so many of us? I guess technically it's not your first Orlando holiday, but it is your first as a family.

I know what you mean about the temptations of the Dibb. I love it but I dread to think how much money I could have saved if I hadn't booked up bargains I discovered from dibb research! It seems like you have discovered the brilliant savings that can be made!

I'm so jealous about the beach club move! You lucky things, I'm sure this will be brilliant. You can walk to 2 parks and you have the lovely boardwalk on your doorstep and that amazing pool. The only problem is you only have a week, but I guess you will be grateful of the space in the villa after being crammed into one room.

Have fun making your ADR plans. I look forward to reading all about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It looks like you're going to have an absolutely awesome once in a lifetime holiday...or is it the start of an obsession as it is for so many of us? I guess technically it's not your first Orlando holiday, but it is your first as a family.

I know what you mean about the temptations of the Dibb. I love it but I dread to think how much money I could have saved if I hadn't booked up bargains I discovered from dibb research! It seems like you have discovered the brilliant savings that can be made!

I'm so jealous about the beach club move! You lucky things, I'm sure this will be brilliant. You can walk to 2 parks and you have the lovely boardwalk on your doorstep and that amazing pool. The only problem is you only have a week, but I guess you will be grateful of the space in the villa after being crammed into one room.

Have fun making your ADR plans. I look forward to reading all about it.
Yes the dibb has a lot of answer for! I have to say though some of the tips I have picked up from it will, I think, really help us get the most out of the holiday.
I don’t think it will be a one off but I certainly won’t be able to afford to do it like this every year. I have no doubt I will want to take Benjamin back I a few years so already thinking 2021 or 2022 if we love it. Having said that I do feel I need to introduce them to cruising at some stage and not sure DCL would be able to tempt me away from royal Caribbean.
I really think we will be glad of the extra space after the first week although I don’t think I will be chomping at the bit to get away as much as we would have been at SSR. It will probably spoil us for future trips!
Can we swap countdowns? I’m slowly working my way through your pre trip report. I’m still trying to pick up more tips from the experts.
Old 3 Mar 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Yes the dibb has a lot of answer for! I have to say though some of the tips I have picked up from it will, I think, really help us get the most out of the holiday.
I don’t think it will be a one off but I certainly won’t be able to afford to do it like this every year. I have no doubt I will want to take Benjamin back I a few years so already thinking 2021 or 2022 if we love it. Having said that I do feel I need to introduce them to cruising at some stage and not sure DCL would be able to tempt me away from royal Caribbean.
I really think we will be glad of the extra space after the first week although I don’t think I will be chomping at the bit to get away as much as we would have been at SSR. It will probably spoil us for future trips!
Can we swap countdowns? I’m slowly working my way through your pre trip report. I’m still trying to pick up more tips from the experts.
Good luck with my pre trip...there's a whole lot of rambling on and I get quite repetitive at times! It's fun to write about it all and keep track of everything. I wouldn't in any way shape or form say that I am an expert though. There are far more knowledgeable people on the dibb than me! I just like to share ideas and like you said I'm like a magpie and pick up loads of tips from reading other people's trip reports. Also, I'm quite nosy so it's great fun.

The countdown seems to go through fazes of being really slow and then zipping along at a lightning pace. You'll get there before you know it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks amazing! We got upgraded from SSR to Yacht club! We arrive 26th October and are there for 2 weeks, I am sure you will have an awesome time

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
Looks amazing! We got upgraded from SSR to Yacht club! We arrive 26th October and are there for 2 weeks, I am sure you will have an awesome time
It feels like it has taken forever for these plans to come together so I hope it all goes well. I think I would have been feeling a bit left out if I was still staying at SSR with the amount of people that have had good upgrades!
Old 19 Mar 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So it looks like I have another decision to make. I'm shocked to have seen that ATD have already released MNSSHP party tickets. I have budgeted £350 to get this booked.

On my itinerary at the moment I have it pencilled in for 30/10/2018. If I book this date it will be slightly over budget at £375. However, if I bring it forward to 25/10/2018 which would fit just fine with our other plans it's only £316. If I go for Halloween itself I think it works out at £416

It's thrown me a bit that ATD have released the tickets first. Common sense says to go on 25/10/2018 and save a few quid because it would then mean I have a week or so to eat all the 'candy' before travelling home. Not sure if I will regret not going closer to or on Halloween. I know I should wait until Disney release them to compare prices as I certainly don't think they will be more than ATD. Trouble is I just don't think I'm capable of waiting once that trigger finger gets itchy! What do I do?