Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone had lens replacement ?

I had lens replacement in one of my eyes a few days ago.
Not had any problems, other than being super sensitive to light.
They told me not to rub my eye ( obviously ) but am wondering, can you ever rub it ? Getting a bit neurotic and don't have a following app until Sep, so wondering if anyone has any experience of this op, they could share with me.
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Had it done in both eyes about 7 years ago yes you can rub your eyes
After everything has settled down about 6 weeks so around your follow up appointment
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I had lens replacement to both eyes around 5 years ago due to cataracts. Its still very early days for you and your eyes need time to heal after surgery so best not to rub them at the moment as it could dislodge them until your eyes heal. I had conjunctivitis a few weeks ago and my eyes drove me crazy with itching and yes I did rub them.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Oh that's reassuring, thanks. It all feels very strange at the moment.
Am only having the one eye done at the moment. It has removed the cataract caused by macular hole surgery last year.
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I still don't rub my eyes after 5 years, just around the sockets 🙄 but thats just a me thing!
I still find I'm sensitive to brightness so wear sunglass clip ons or sunglasses most of the time. I also use an Eye Bag that you heat for 25 seconds in the microwave, wear for 5 mins, as this give relief from itchyness as I also have Dry Eyes too. Blooming eyes 👀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
I still don't rub my eyes after 5 years, just around the sockets 🙄 but thats just a me thing!
I still find I'm sensitive to brightness so wear sunglass clip ons or sunglasses most of the time. I also use an Eye Bag that you heat for 25 seconds in the microwave, wear for 5 mins, as this give relief from itchyness as I also have Dry Eyes too. Blooming eyes 👀
Oh I have dry eyes too. The heat masks are great aren't they ? Help a lot.
Can I ask you where you got your clip on sunglasses from ? Am in dire need of some. X
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Purplefrog View Post
Oh I have dry eyes too. The heat masks are great aren't they ? Help a lot.
Can I ask you where you got your clip on sunglasses from ? Am in dire need of some. X
Hi, I get mine from Boots, £20. They have various styles and colours. They may not have many left now as I get them as soon as the summer stuff comes into shops. Maybe look online too?

Yep, the eye bags really help too but didn't realise you're supposed to change them after 6 months, eek!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Hi, I get mine from Boots, £20. They have various styles and colours. They may not have many left now as I get them as soon as the summer stuff comes into shops. Maybe look online too?

Yep, the eye bags really help too but didn't realise you're supposed to change them after 6 months, eek!
Ahhhh ok, thanks. Will have a look.
No, I didn't realize that either. Not sure how long I've had mine, but I guess the beans inside just heat up less effectively or something, so it's probably ok to use them longer.