Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Edna Cloud View Post
So, if you work 8 hours per week, your annual leave allowance would be 48 hours. If you work there until the end of August, your allowance would be eight twelfths of that, so 32 hours (i.e. four weeks). How much leave have you already taken up to this point? That will tell you whether you are "owed" anything.

EC
I do get my holiday in hours yes rather than weeks, it is 48 hours cos I get some hours for bank holidays which I often work as I usually work on a Monday. Just had a look in my diary and so far I’ve had 22 hours , I have 16 honoured for end of this month and October and I’ve 10 hours left by my reckoning , the August holiday hours I would still be taking as normal so would mean not including October I’ve 18 hours left which is just over two weeks but then I’ve only been employed 8 of the 12 months with leaving end August. I don’t think I’ll owe my employer any hours maybe they will owe me a few, thankyou
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I do get my holiday in hours yes rather than weeks, it is 48 hours cos I get some hours for bank holidays which I often work as I usually work on a Monday. Just had a look in my diary and so far I’ve had 22 hours , I have 16 honoured for end of this month and October and I’ve 10 hours left by my reckoning , the August holiday hours I would still be taking as normal so would mean not including October I’ve 18 hours left which is just over two weeks but then I’ve only been employed 8 of the 12 months with leaving end August. I don’t think I’ll owe my employer any hours maybe they will owe me a few, thankyou
So October is irrelevant as you will have left by then. You will be due to be paid / or to take another ten hours between now and when you leave. Assuming your leave the end of this month is eight hours then you will be paid for the other two hours.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
So October is irrelevant as you will have left by then. You will be due to be paid / or to take another ten hours between now and when you leave. Assuming your leave the end of this month is eight hours then you will be paid for the other two hours.
That sounds fine to me, better than me owing them hours which I didn't think I would but wasn't sure lol, thank you 😊
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Bit of a nightmare one this, ive looked online and it’s a bit of a minefield. I work on a concession in an outlet store and this week whilst I was on annual leave I was offered a job I am accepting. I return to work tomorrow so will give my 4 weeks notice then but my boss is on her 2 weeks annual leave from today. My quandary is who do I give my notice too? There is a supervisor who will be stepping up so I assume as she will be acting manager I would give it to her, I will ask her then to formally contact head office and tell them I will be leaving. I don’t want to part on bad terms as they have been good to me in past but I want the other job and I told them I will be available after my 4 weeks holiday notice... oh and I have only three weeks to work then on holiday again for a week I assume as this is honoured I can still take it? I also have extra holiday entitlement still to take our leave is jan to dec, I’ve still nearly two weeks to take of that too.
Hope this all makes sense my heads spinning a bit. Thanks xx
I’m not sure re the annual leave (one thing have you accrued the holidays? Our holiday entitlement renews in March I think so as yet I will have only accrued 5 months worth of my annual leave so if I were to leave now I’d only be entitled to a percentage of my annual leave) but on 2 occasions I gave my notice to the “2nd in command” each time I asked them to contact the manager and get their acceptance. The last time I was handing my notice in i worked in a school. My new employers had given me the green light to hand my notice in (I’d had to wait for a lot of security checks due to the nature of my new employers) and they then gave me a start date of exactly 4 weeks. I was a bit niggled because time had passed with them doing their checks but then it was right this is the date and the thing was the last week of my notice was a school holiday and I wasn’t sure if the school would count that as a week of my notice. But the head was fine and told me I could leave in the day requested.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We would calculate it as follows.

1st Jan to 31st Aug 242 days / 365 X 48 = 32 (if rounded up from 31.8)
Minus 22 taken = 10 hours max to end of month.
Minus what you have booked to end August.

You mentioned bank holidays, you working the one in August, or are these hours inclusive of BH cover?

Either way, good luck in your new role 👍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

]Just had a look in my diary and so far I’ve had 22 hours , I have 16 honoured for end of this month
If I've understood correctly, you have taken 22 hours so far, which means that you are owed 10 hours to the end of the month. If you take one more week of leave at the end of your notice period, that would be 8 hours (not sure what the "16 honoured for the end of this month" means), leaving two hours in hand.

Assuming it is just one week at the end of the notice period, they might pay you for the two hours owed, or ask you to use those two hours in the notice period (arrive late, finish early or long lunch or a combination of these). It depends on their appetite to pay for those two hours.

Good luck in the new role.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks again all of you for your help this morning, bit of an update I'm going to start later on my new department so can delay my notice to more or less coincide with my manager returning from her holiday... So I've got myself more or less worked up this morning for nowt... Which is about right for me lol, your advice though has been very much appreciated and helpful xx
Old 3 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

pro- rated holiday is always complicated but I understand the explanations.

OP please note the holiday hours entitlement for your new role will also be pro-rated in hours
Old 3 Aug 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just wanted to say well done and good luck x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Just wanted to say well done and good luck x
Aww thank you 😘x