Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Sep 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
shabbadoof
Excited about Disney

Looking for a bit of all star sports reassurance

Hi all!

For reasons I won't bore you with (though I've detailed it on an earlier thread) we've had to cancel our Nov 2019 holiday at the last minute and move it to Sept 2020.

The reason we have had to cancel the holiday isn't one that will pay out on our holiday insurance so I'm just trying to salvage this holiday in the cheapest way possible. Also as we have cancelled this so late we have already lost 50% of our booking cost!

We are 2 adults travelling and booked with ATD and were booked originally at Coronado spring standard room. There aren't any of those left in Sept 2020 with only preferred ones which would cost an additional £1500 odd. I've looked at POFQ but again this would cost an additional £1500.

I haven't even got to the £300 charge to move flights with Virgin Atlantic

Now we've never actually stayed on-site at Disney anyway (always stayed at comfort suites) so have no frame of reference..

We have decided to instead go value and move to All Star Sports for Sept 2020 which an additional cost of £700 odd.

I've searched dibb and seen a LOT of positive reviews and the last few weeks on trip advisor is also full of positive reviews.

I suppose what I'm asking is

Is the value all start sports resort going to be OK?

is Disney 'value' pretty much at the same level as say a holiday inn in the UK?

If I could afford to pay up for a moderate for 2020 I would do but like I said at the top. Holiday insurance isn't going to pay out for our cancellation and so I'm just trying to do this without bankrupting myself lol

Hope all the above makes sense!
shabbadoof is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd say more like Premier Inn or Travelodge than Holiday Inn.
We spent a night at Sports last year. It was fine. Rooms aren't huge and no real hanging space but if you are going to be out at the parks or pool all the time perfectly adequate. Kids love the theming and of course it's all very clean.
Whilst you'll probably miss the extra space of a Comfort Inn suite, it's fine.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

The All Stars Resorts are situated next door to each other over a big area. The rooms whilst small are perfectly usable and most have been well refurbished. There are lifts in each building so you don’t need to walk up and down the themed stairs unless you want to save time. Bus schedules are the same as anywhere else in property they are organised from the parks to the resorts and back. There are designated queueing areas at each location. The food courts have a decent range of meals. The pools are also well themed. Enjoy your stay.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at AS Music last year (2 adults) and it was perfectly fine. (I use the word fine as it did its job, and there were no frills)

It was a little dated, but to be honest, we rarely spent any time in the room (apart from sleeping!). There were 2 double beds so ended up sleeping in our own beds for 2 weeks! It was great haha!

We did however pay the extra (i think the extra was a total of £50 on the cost of the holiday) to stay in a 'preferred' room, which was really good actually, and well worth it in my opinion. We got a room that was in the first building, which meant only a short walk to all of the amenities of the main building.
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
All star resort is fab on a budget we stayed at all star movies for 2 people it was fine room had a bed washbasin shower toilet power points and that all we wanted the pool was fine parter used one near our block every day food court is ok.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We booked Sports yesterday as it had a good deal and I'm so sick of looking off site, finding a decent hotel/deal and then discovering how much the resort fee is!

We've stayed in Music before (quite a few years ago now though) and it was fine for what we needed. If you're not expecting luxury then you will be fine. Perfectly adequate for being out and about all day.
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

w are staying at all star sports next September also we have stayed at music and sports and they are all about the same clean comfy and at the end of the day its a bed,we have never had any problems staying in the value resorts
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by shabbadoof View Post
Hi all!

For reasons I won't bore you with (though I've detailed it on an earlier thread) we've had to cancel our Nov 2019 holiday at the last minute and move it to Sept 2020.

The reason we have had to cancel the holiday isn't one that will pay out on our holiday insurance so I'm just trying to salvage this holiday in the cheapest way possible. Also as we have cancelled this so late we have already lost 50% of our booking cost!

We are 2 adults travelling and booked with ATD and were booked originally at Coronado spring standard room. There aren't any of those left in Sept 2020 with only preferred ones which would cost an additional £1500 odd. I've looked at POFQ but again this would cost an additional £1500.

I haven't even got to the £300 charge to move flights with Virgin Atlantic

Now we've never actually stayed on-site at Disney anyway (always stayed at comfort suites) so have no frame of reference..

We have decided to instead go value and move to All Star Sports for Sept 2020 which an additional cost of £700 odd.

I've searched dibb and seen a LOT of positive reviews and the last few weeks on trip advisor is also full of positive reviews.

I suppose what I'm asking is

Is the value all start sports resort going to be OK?

is Disney 'value' pretty much at the same level as say a holiday inn in the UK?

If I could afford to pay up for a moderate for 2020 I would do but like I said at the top. Holiday insurance isn't going to pay out for our cancellation and so I'm just trying to do this without bankrupting myself lol

Hope all the above makes sense!
what dates are you going x
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
For 2 adults, the space will be fine (it's ok for families, so you have more to play around with).

The rooms themselves are also ok, not 5*, but shouldn't expect them to be for the value end of the Disney range (we've stayed in various grades at Disney and All Stars is perfectly fine ).

Also think about how much time you'll actually spend in the room? Some spend a lot of money on higher end resort hotels and only use it as somewhere to sleep.

One possible downside is only getting 1 meal credit per day for QSDP (although that can be used on any meal, not just breakfast as advertised), but price different to moderate can be used as a comparison to see if you would be missing out in the grand scheme of things.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shabbadoof
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
what dates are you going x
1st-15th September
shabbadoof is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List