Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We use Tesco for home delivery and have done for years. The change to bagless is driving us nuts. We have it delivered to the front door and then have to carry it through to the kitchen in what feels like a hundred trips. The driver stands waiting whilst we do it.

It used to stress me out and we found ourselves rushing to do it. But I've now decided that, given Tesco changed the policy, it'll take me as long as it takes and the driver will wait as long as he waits.
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
We use Morrisons and as others say we send back the old bags when the next lot is delivered.

I have used Sainsbury's and I remember getting an email about them going bagless, I haven’t heard anything about Morrisons changing.
Morrisons sent me an email they’re going bagless from 28th October, but they say the driver will take the crate to the kitchen if necessary...
I had a bagless Tesco delivery a couple of weeks ago... hated it...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I’ve used Tesco’s for years, and haven’t had bags since they started to charge. The driver brings it into the kitchen for me to unload. They tend to bring 2 crates at a time, which is enough time for me to unload before the next lot of crates. We tend to have the same 5 or so drivers, and they never rush me - and make sure i’m happy with everything that’s come.
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've done my grocery on shopping on line for over 10years. Tesco is who we shop with now,we had lots of warnings about not using bags. It is a pain and it annoys my that veg is still in those little plastic bags at least I re used the carrier bags.
I have 2 large cardboard crates I picked up from end of tills in Sainsbury's and place them on floor in hallway,put all food in there and then carry to kitchen.
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
I load it
Into my washing basket lol
Then have some big bags ready to fill
What an ace idea! This is me from now on, too ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We've had a few bagless deliveries from Tesco and I hated them. In fact I'm not a fan of Tesco deliveries at all.

We almost always use Ocado now - I love that we can still get it in bags, the drivers are all really great, they have a complete no-fuss returns policy that you can initiate through the app, the food almost always has a very long date on it and the best thing is getting the receipt with all the use by dates on it so it really helps for meal planning.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I had a big delivery today, simply got the delivery guy to carry the boxes into the kitchen and unloaded them there. No problems.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

After using a home delivery grocery service for years ( sans bags) I could understand why they wanted to reduce the amount of plastic bags used each year. However once the company insisted the drivers should offer to take the totes filled with groceries through the homes of customers it made me really think about the consequences of that alone. Not all homes are going to be clutter free or pet free or allergen free or offer anything to the drivers for them to wear if the home occupant has new light coloured carpets since no one wants dirt tracked through their homes from the streets. Then I had to think about the liabilities involved if a driver slipped tripped or trusted themselves bringing those totes through the homes. You know what, I would rather bring them in and unpack them myself. Our home isn’t messy or obstructed but it removes any worries the drives might have. I’ve heard some horror stories over the years about the states of some homes drivers have had to enter and it’s made me shudder and want a long hot bath just hearing about them. I know most folks keep their homes clean but all it takes is one incident to ruin a week for the driver. I actually like the fact that less bags are readily available. I’ve recently switched to physically doing my own weekly shop and putting it away myself. I reuse my shopping bags each week too.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
After using a home delivery grocery service for years ( sans bags) I could understand why they wanted to reduce the amount of plastic bags used each year. However once the company insisted the drivers should offer to take the totes filled with groceries through the homes of customers it made me really think about the consequences of that alone. Not all homes are going to be clutter free or pet free or allergen free or offer anything to the drivers for them to wear if the home occupant has new light coloured carpets since no one wants dirt tracked through their homes from the streets. Then I had to think about the liabilities involved if a driver slipped tripped or trusted themselves bringing those totes through the homes. You know what, I would rather bring them in and unpack them myself. Our home isn’t messy or obstructed but it removes any worries the drives might have. I’ve heard some horror stories over the years about the states of some homes drivers have had to enter and it’s made me shudder and want a long hot bath just hearing about them. I know most folks keep their homes clean but all it takes is one incident to ruin a week for the driver. I actually like the fact that less bags are readily available. I’ve recently switched to physically doing my own weekly shop and putting it away myself. I reuse my shopping bags each week too.
but you don't have to let the driver into your home if you'd prefer not to? I never do - my driver leaves the crates at my doorstep and I unload them from there.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm a poor old lady but I carry the blue Tesco containers in to my kitchen myself. Not if they are full of tins tho, those I do just unload and pile inside door. I usually start as driver is unloading and seem to keep on top of it.
Don't do it often these days now there's just two of us and one goldfish. Bit different when we were 5 adults, two cats and two dogs! I wish I'd ordered a delivery this weekend tho as it is still raining!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List