Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Oct 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Will any dibbers be flight shamed?

Just read that some people are reducing the amount of flights they take for environmental reasons.

Interesting that only 16% of Brits surveyed said they will reduce their flights, whereas 24% of Americans would (what selfish people we are).

I will now tell people that I'm not going to Florida next year to save the planet, rather than the real reason that I'm not prepared to pay the increased costs

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Probably because most Brits only fly for their annual holiday, where as the Americans fly much more regularly.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
No, I only fly when going on holiday and feel I do my bit for the environment in so many other ways.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

yeah, we dont need to worry so much about people going on holiday once or twice a year, its people who fly weekly who need to cut back on it all...
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

No I did my bit for the planet when I was a kid , recycling milk and pop bottles and not having electronic gadjets.
This is my time to see the world before I die
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with above I fly once/twice a year for holiday, I do my bit In other ways (eg I had to go To Birmingham from the south east, I got the train (which would have ran anyway) instead of driving just me.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I think the US have much bigger environmental concerns with all the waste they produce and a president who denies there is a climate issue at all .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
No I did my bit for the planet when I was a kid , recycling milk and pop bottles and not having electronic gadjets.
This is my time to see the world before I die
I always laugh with my kids that young people think they have invented recycling ! I also grew up with very little plastic, plain old soap not plastic bottles of lotions and potions, glass milk bottles left out for the milkman and taking the pop bottles to the shop to get the deposit back. We walked everywhere, few electric items in the house and no throwaway Primark clothes.

I try to recycle as much as I can,conserve electricity etc. We only take a couple of flights a year which compared to some isn’t a lot. The use of cars is the main problem and if there was an adequate and affordable public transport system I would use the bus/train.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

No am not going to be flight shamed about taking a few flights per year. I do try and help the environment in other ways.

As a side note does anyone have the link to the environment thread from a few weeks ago? its to see if I can pick up any other tips.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Americans take a lot of internal flights where there are alternatives such as cars, buses and trains.

For us, we have oceans to cross to get anywhere.