Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 11, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Hello again! Just on my break, so a little more time! Ok doke I'm a new convert to carb and was a WW follower for a couple of years! If I'm honest I've not found a plan that works for me yet, still trying to find my feet with low carbs! Hoping once I've got it right Iill be losing consistently. I put two pounds on this week after a naughty WI, was probably a god send I did as new something was wrong! Hoping I've pulled it back!

You sound quite into your martial arts and exercise! I tend to shy away from exercise but I'm making a conscious effort to do more!

That's it for me I'm afriad , I'm not very interesting lol!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good day - I can guess what you are up to Nat! Remind me when you are a bit further down the line and are booking stuff because I have a really useful link for you which lists all the vendors in Dorset that you may need, I found a lot of my people on there.

Hi Kim, how are you today? Yes, you maybe need to add a little less water. I actually only have half a shake as I find a full one too big. What brand is it? How do you mix it as you can make it thicker in a blender but I just have a normal shaker. Did you weigh yourself? Any shift? Good luck with the dinner party tonight, I'm sure you'll do the best you can.

MMM Alex that cheeseburger pie sounds lush, I'll have to try that. Such a shame about what happened to you with the martial arts plans, especially the USA part, you must have been so annoyed! Sorry to hear about your health problems too, they sound painful! I suppose in that way I'm lucky as I like weights and cardio. I think my favorite exercise is cardio boxing type exercise but I am happy to sit on a bike for half an hour whilst watching TV - I did that earlier.

Summary for me today:

Breakfast: Protien shake
Lunch: plain omlette (dash of ketchup)
Dinner: pork, veg and pesto stirfry. Pud: sugar free jelly.

Exercise
30 min bike, 20 min step, ab machine: 40 front, 20 left, 20 right and 20 lower.
Hollywood workout (1 hour weights and toning).

Hoping later to do a Jillian boost metabolism burn fat.

Its a lot of exercsie but I've been at home today, the weather is rubbish and I've been a bit bored to be honest so I've been exercising and dibbing a lot.
I feel a funny way out tonight, I think im missing my Saturday nights. Not going out or anything but I used to spend time with my family or just stay in with Alex and we'd have some bad food and a lot of drink, talk rubbish for a few hours and watch a movie and its not that I'm craving the food or drink, I guess I'm just missing the experience if that makes sense. Its hard some times when food and drink were once a big part of your entertainment or social life. I'm not huge on going out so I don't miss that I miss being at home doing it, with friends or my family or even just us two but at the moment I'm avoiding it as I just get very drunk and eat something silly. It will be worth it in the end I know but occasionally I still miss it.
Silly really.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, I'm here to fess up... I've failed miserably the past few days, with all sorts going on, and weddingy things scrambling my brains. I've eaten all the crap I can find and more. Natalie has talked some sense into me, and as of right now I am back on track, and I'm not looking back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I wondered where you'd got to Hayley, I just posed on your flowers thread and was going to P.S. it with a 'how are you doing on the diet bit', but I thought better of it.

Glad Nat talked some sense into you, and you are sticking with it and I hope you mean it.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
I wondered where you'd got to Hayley, I just posed on your flowers thread and was going to P.S. it with a 'how are you doing on the diet bit', but I thought better of it.

Glad Nat talked some sense into you, and you are sticking with it and I hope you mean it.
I had better mean it - else I'll be waddling down the aisle with a dress that wont do up!
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

And that will cost you more money and those photos will be with you FOREVER!

Are you sticking with the shakes? Why don't you join us on Atkins/low carb? especially as Kim and Alex are doing full Atkins, or join Nat and Yvonee on WW? At least you can eat something.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Kel, what are the losses like on Atkins/low carb? Running out of time now. Its now or never lol. I've been having those really bad stomach pains whilst dieting, even if I eat a small meal. My mum seems to think I have gallstones! Would those diets aggravate it further?
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I said gallstones to you too! Your symptoms sound spot on for them. They are caused by a fatty diet and Atkins low carbing can be quite fatty so I suggest you get them checked out before starting any diet let alone low carbing. You know if they are big enough they have to be medically removed, they won't go away, Hayley go to the doctors - tell him your thoughts and they will scan you. My friends actually bypassed the docs as they never sought help and eventually crumbled with the pain and ended up in A&E, they aren't serious but they do need to be looked at as the can get worse.
Losses on low cabring are usually good although Kim is struggling a bit. Put it this way if I lose 3lbs this week I have lost a stone in 3 weeks.
But you will have to do some exercise to lose a lot, I lost 6 stone low carbing up to the wedding but I did exercise. x
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG you're scaring me now! Can't they give me a pill to dissolve them?! It feels like someones stabbing me in the stomach!
Old 22 Jan 11, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yeah, I thought after I re read that I might be! Didn't mean to, they aren't serious but they may need to be dealt with. I don't know to be honest, they might be able to give you a pill if they are small and I actually think some can sort themselves out naturally but I think they need to get rid of them if they are bigger. Have a Google of them and see if you have the symptoms and if you think you have see a doctor. They are very very common though, especially in women (I believe more common in ones who take the pill) so try not to worry but don't put up with the pain either.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Closed Thread